Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction & Great Lakes GW Success

tag
AJ48
Established Member

Introduction & Great Lakes GW Success

Hi All,

I'm new here, recently subscribed to SW and in the beginning of repairing/rebuilding credit. Here are the issues on my CR:

2 paid medical collections 2008

Derogs on SL from 2/2010 -7/2010 (GW success below)

Had a collection from Enhanced Recovery for a Progressive insurance bill that was overlooked in closing of account. Paid and is no longer showing as of late last week.

We decided to try and qualify for mortgage and I met with a lender (USDA RD) who pulled CR for pre-qual.
EQ: 621

TU: 638

EX: 610

Regarding the SL situation: In 2009 I began the IBR program and at the time my family was in a major crisis with my son's life threatening illness. Long story short, when it was time to re-apply for IBR in 2010, it was overlooked as my son's treatment was winding down. That lead to the derogs in 2/2010 ending in 7/2010 when I took care of the requirement to re-apply for IBR.

I sent an email via the Great Lakes website using an example letter I found here on the forums. The email was sent Sat. 2/25/12 and yesterday I received the email with a lot of "we're required to report objectively and accurately" and finally the sentence effectively stating that the delinquent marks would be removed!

I've only been here about one week and I've been reading until my eyes blur! I have learned so much in a short time.

Unfortunately, I have a new collection reporting as of yesterday. I closed a land line account with AT&T back in late Summer 2011. We had bundled services and in great confusion with billing changes a final bill for $181 is now in collection. It is a valid bill and I have just been slow in getting around to pay it. The horrible part is that it caused my score to drop per SW alert to 588. I've been reading others experiences with AT&T and from what I can gather, it is best to deal with OC and PIF and usually the debt is recalled from the CA.

Goals are to raise all three scores at least into the 700's.

I have no revolving accounts, have no CC. I know there is more one would need to know to offer suggestions and advice but I can't think of what they are, with my brain still processing all this info!

I'd appreciate any advice/input any of you have with any similar experiences.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Introduction & Great Lakes GW Success

Could you please give me the email address or link for great lakes
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.