Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Date on Missed Payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Invalid Date on Missed Payment

many years ago we had a few issues with our banks and missed a payment on two accounts... (I don't even remember the year any more...)

My Credit reports all show the missed payments under the "older derogatory Events" section with an "Invalid Date".. 

Should I try to get them to fix this? if the date is listed as "Invalid" will the events ever go away??

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Invalid Date on Missed Payment

They'll fall off your report seven years and 180 days from the DOFD. How exactly is it listed on your CR? 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's listed under "Negative Accounts".  uder the "Older Derogatory Events" on a Row labeled "30 Days Late" 
The entry is for Equifax and Experion only, Both entries show "Invalid Date"

Message 3 of 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Can you take a picture or screenshot and scrub your personal information from the data? I'm having a hard time getting a mental picture of how it's listed. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

looks something like the link here...

http://rivard.org/images/SS.png

Message 5 of 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

looks something like the link here...

http://rivard.org/images/SS.png

Ok, thank you! I could not make my brain picture it for some reason. The same removal rules still apply, they'll disappear seven years and 180 days from DOFD. Since there isn't one listed, you're going to need to find out when to make sure they do indeed go bye bye. An easy way to find out the date would be to call Experian and ask for an early exclusion for removal. They should be able to tell you what the date is, and when it'll be gone. (Equifax seems to be harder to get EE does early.) If that doesn't work, you'll need to contact the creditor directly and get the date from them. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Logic would suggest that determination that a reported date is invalid means they had a valid date upon which to make that determination.

Without a date of initial delinquency, the CRA cannot determine if/when the 7 year exclusion period is reached.

Thus, it is important that your credit file include the accurate initial date of account delinquency.  

The common credit reporting manual used by the CRAs includes instructions to provide the date of initial delinquency for any reporting of account delinquency.

I would begin by making informal contact with the CRA and asking what they are currently using to determine the exclusion date.

If they cannot provide an answer, then you can either file an information request under FCRA 609(a) requesting that item of information, or file a formal dispute for lack of accurate reporting of the date.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.