Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid reporting to Credit Beaureau

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Invalid reporting to Credit Beaureau

I am Active duty military and took my daughter who lives in Tampa to and optometry office on Tyndall Air Force base. I was told by the staff that my daughter's visit would be covered by Tricare so I filled out the information they saw my daughter. The next day I went back to Wallops Isand to my duty station. A few months later I recieved a letter in the mail from a collections agency. Confused by this I promptly called the Optometry office who told me that Tricare denied the claim because my daughters mother had insurance through her job and we had to use that insurance first. I asked if I could just pay with a credit card over the phone and they suggested that I have it sent to the other insurance to see if they would pay it first. We did that and they paid the $60 dollars due. After checking my credit report I noticed that It was reported on my credit as a collection, I talked to the collection agency who told me that the optometry clinic would have to request it be removed. I called the optometry office and spoke with the person who submitted this to the collections. He simply refused to negotiate removing this from my record. I asked him why they never contacted me and was told that he had  tried to call my daughters mother and left her several messages. We are not married and I lived in a different state. They had my number and made no attempt to contact me directly. This Jerk even questioned the character of my daughters mother for not returning his calls.  I asked her about those calls and she said she never recieved any calls from them. In fact she had spoken with representatives at the office several times about picking up the glasses for my daughter. Is there anything that I can do to have this removed. Also on one of the reports it shows the Paid $60 dollars on the other it shows $90 unpaid which is wrong.  Is there anything that can be done to fix this  
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.