cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 700 Club Possible with "baddies"?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is 700 Club Possible with "baddies"?

@Anonymous wrote:

It'll affect you for 7 years since the 120 late payment event. But the further in the rear veiw that late gets, it'll have less impact. How long ago was the most recent?

And 700 is possible with baddies, I got a chargeoff for another two years and am just now entering the 700 range on multiple reports. But that's all I have.

That's depressing.  so, basically 2024.  All of my children will be out of High School!  smh.  Last 120 day late was Feb 2017.  
Message 11 of 19
taekwon
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It'll affect you for 7 years since the 120 late payment event. But the further in the rear veiw that late gets, it'll have less impact. How long ago was the most recent?

And 700 is possible with baddies, I got a chargeoff for another two years and am just now entering the 700 range on multiple reports. But that's all I have.

That's depressing.  so, basically 2024.  All of my children will be out of High School!  smh.  Last 120 day late was Feb 2017.  

Don't throw in the towel just yet. Let me tell you my situation.I too went through a mortage loan modification, only back in 2012. During the modification I was making my monthly payments on time. After the modification was complete, (It took 10 months to complete) all three CB were reporting my payments 120+ days late for 10 months. At that time I also had two judgements, two collectoions and about seven other derogs, my scores were around 500. By Jan of this year one collection and most of the derogs aged off my CR my scores were around mid 600's.

This past Feb I disputed the two judgements, the one collection, the rest of the derogs and the 120+lates on my active morgage. All but the late payments showing on my morgae were deleted. The only negs on my report now are 10 120+ late payments on my active morgage and 18 late payments (a combo of 30, 60,90) on my closed morgage and second morgage accounts I had prior to modification.

Mt current scores are TU 731, EQ 744, EX 747. I've been paying all my account on time since 1/2013. The last late payment is almost five years old. The more they age the less impact they have on your score.

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, to a a degree, but if they are old it is more likely. You may have to wait until some of those lates fall off. I'm at 723 EQ/736 TU/723 EX. I have two 90 day lates (also student loan accts-- they were actually were in forbearance at the time but that's a different story....) from 3/2011 that are showing on all 3 CRAs and a zero balance CO acct from 2010 (will fall off this fall) which is on EQ and EX only.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Experian score is 702!!!  YaY!!!! Now if I can only get my Transunion and Equifax scores to BUDGE!!!  

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats !!
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Hard to believe...not even sure if it means anything for ME since I still have all the lates. But I'm still happy to be in the 700 club even if only on one report. Still not applying for anything yet. Lol
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My Experian score is 702!!!  YaY!!!! Now if I can only get my Transunion and Equifax scores to BUDGE!!!  

Congrats!

So it took about a year for your score to improve ~20 points?

Were you optimizing your score each month by only allowing 1 account to report a balance of less than 9% of your CL?

I'm around 640 on my highest scores and based on your info I am probably 24 months away from getting anywhere near 700 on my FICO 8 scores.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

So it took about a year for your score to improve ~20 points?

Were you optimizing your score each month by only allowing 1 account to report a balance of less than 9% of your CL?

I'm around 640 on my highest scores and based on your info I am probably 24 months away from getting anywhere near 700 on my FICO 8 scores.

I'm not sure where you're seeing that. I've only been repairing my credit for almost 6 months and the lowest my score has increased has been by 58 puts and almost 100pts. And no, I was not optimizing my score each month by doing that. I just recently started paying down debit. I was more focused on getting lates removed. My UTI is down to 8% I have two cards reporting a balance. I'm working on that. 
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops! I derped hard there. I must have been reading too many threads and thought you were working on your credit for a whole year. Sorry for my mistake.

Great to hear about the 58-100 point gains.

I'm In a similar position, I'm working in these **bleep** student loan lates. I've got 23 of them across 7 loans.

I hate how they send one bill, but one late payment counts 7 times.

I will be annoying the crap out of them with different disputes every 45 days. I'm not going away without a fight.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.