Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 750 FICO possible after Chap 13?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is 750 FICO possible after Chap 13?

Hello,

I am new to the forum.  I filed Chap 13 in 2006 and was discharged about a year ago.  I have been able to get my FICO up to 677 as of Sept 28, 2011.  I believe I am taking all the right steps to improve my score.  But I was wondering since the Chap 13 will show on my report for another 1-2 years can I achieve a 750 FICO during the time it is still showing?  Or are you sorta "capped" until that public record falls off?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: Is 750 FICO possible after Chap 13?

A 750 is not possible while you have a public record that still shows on your report. There are two things that you can take a look at. When you pull your score through the MYFICO website click on the fico score simulator & click on best results. You can also go to www.bankrate.com/fico to get a rough idea. There are three pages of questions and make sure that you are truthful. It will give you a fico score range but it's based on how you answer the questions. You can do a comparison by checking whether or not you have a bankruptcy.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.