cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is CA violating BK7 permanent injuction?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is CA violating BK7 permanent injuction?

DW had a collection on her report, and we had no idea what the debt was, since the only thing it says is IIB and the date the account was opened. Sent for verification. Got a letter back. We filed on July 26th, 2010. The debt was sold to the CA on July 31st, 2010. I recognize the account that was sold, so I have no dispute on that. However, the letter states "As verification has now been provided to you, Collection Agency or clients operating on behalf of Collection Agency will now proceed with the appropriate steps to collect this debt. However, if you wish to discuss this matter and attempt to amicably resolve it, we welcome a call from you at ##########. This letter has been sent to you by a debt collector. Be advised that this is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.".

Since collection of a discharged debt is a violation of the permanent injunction, is this considered a violation in and of itself, or do they need to do more for violation? Should I send them a letter demanding deletion due to the violation? Or should I just leave it alone unless they try further collection? I mean, I assume since it's marked as IIB that deletion wouldn't do anything positive for DW's credit report, right?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.