Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Capitol 1 card TL reporting right?

tag
faithincredit
New Contributor

Is Capitol 1 card TL reporting right?

cap1.jpg

So this is what is showing on all credit reports and I got this from CK. I originally got this card with Orchard Bank before they were purchased by Capitol One.  My credit limit was $320 and at the time that it was transfered to Cap 1 the balance was $395.  I just don't think that it is reporting correctly.  I'm thinking that this balance in included in my current utilization. By the way I still kept the account with Cap 1. So Cap 1 is reporting on a different TL for my current card.  Do you think that this is reporting correctly? If not, what should I do?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Capitol 1 card TL reporting right?

So this account is closed?  If so, then it should have been zeroed out on last report, I think.

Message 2 of 11
faithincredit
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So this account is closed?  If so, then it should have been zeroed out on last report, I think.

Yes, this account was transfered to Capital One. 

Message 3 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The picture is of Cap-1s entry not the previous owner, if its been closed then it has to update to show that, if its still open and being used then it needs to update to current stats, I would forward a Section 623 Direct Dispute to Cap-1 to get the correct info to report. You are correct its included in your utilization and is costing you Fico points as its maxed out and Overlimit.

Message 4 of 11
faithincredit
New Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

The picture is of Cap-1s entry not the previous owner, if its been closed then it has to update to show that, if its still open and being used then it needs to update to current stats, I would forward a Section 623 Direct Dispute to Cap-1 to get the correct info to report. You are correct its included in your utilization and is costing you Fico points as its maxed out and Overlimit.

This account at one point was labelled Orchard Bank Card.  When Capital One purchased it in 2013 they changed the name. The card number remained the same on my Orchard Bank card when it was transfered so I don't want Capital One to mess with the wrong account. 

Message 5 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Cap-1 can only make entries on their own TL, if there is an Orchard Bank TL reporting only Orchard Bank (HSBC) can update that TL. If Cap-1 has 2 entries for the same account then one of them needs to be removed.

Message 6 of 11
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

I'm confused, this is a Cap One account, not an Orchard account.

Do you have another Cap One account as well?  Are you thinking the moved the balance from the transferred account to your previous account?

It looks like you have disputed this already based on, I assume, thinking it was a duplicate account.  Since they didn't do an update at that point, I imagine there is more to it.

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 7 of 11
faithincredit
New Contributor

@redbeard wrote:

I'm confused, this is a Cap One account, not an Orchard account.

Do you have another Cap One account as well?  Are you thinking the moved the balance from the transferred account to your previous account?

It looks like you have disputed this already based on, I assume, thinking it was a duplicate account.  Since they didn't do an update at that point, I imagine there is more to it.

At one point the name was Orchard Bank before they got bought out by Cap-1.

Message 8 of 11
faithincredit
New Contributor

Is there a thread on here that I can find Cap 1 EO contact information?

Message 9 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@faithincredit wrote:

Is there a thread on here that I can find Cap 1 EO contact information?

Let me Google that for you  http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.