Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Experian Representative Wrong?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Experian Representative Wrong?

As you may have read I have been trying for a couple of weeks to get Experian to remove the last of my negative items.  I sent a certified lettter asking for early exclusion since my last remaining accounts are approaching the 7 year date of first delinguency. It should be October and November for the 7 year mark.  I had 5 accounts listed that were left from my Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Feb 2010. They removed 2 of them. I got my dispute results today and they still have the last 3 accounts listed. 2 are Capital One and 1 is Credit One. 

I called the dispute number and the representative told me it was illegal to remove those last accounts until the date of my Bankruptcy filing. I patiently explained that these accounts were almost 7 years from date of first delinquency.  They have already removed some of the other accounts so how can this be?  There is no date listed by those accounts that suggest when it will be removed. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Experian Representative Wrong?

@Anonymous wrote:

As you may have read I have been trying for a couple of weeks to get Experian to remove the last of my negative items.  I sent a certified lettter asking for early exclusion since my last remaining accounts are approaching the 7 year date of first delinguency. It should be October and November for the 7 year mark.  I had 5 accounts listed that were left from my Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Feb 2010. They removed 2 of them. I got my dispute results today and they still have the last 3 accounts listed. 2 are Capital One and 1 is Credit One. 

I called the dispute number and the representative told me it was illegal to remove those last accounts until the date of my Bankruptcy filing. I patiently explained that these accounts were almost 7 years from date of first delinquency.  They have already removed some of the other accounts so how can this be?  There is no date listed by those accounts that suggest when it will be removed. 

Ask for a supervisor, and read them the line from FCRA that states they cannot be on there any LONGER than 7 years and 180 days, but there is no legal basis to disallow the removal. They are done all the time.

Keep asking for higher supervisors until you get to one that understands the law.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.