Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fall Off Date The Same Across CRAs?

tag
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Is Fall Off Date The Same Across CRAs?

We have an old collection currenly being reported by LVNV on EX and TU - it was never on EQ.  The OC was MCI and the account is very old - there is no DOFD listed, but it must have been late 2002 as that's when we switched from MCI to Vonage.

EX gives the drop off date as October 2009.  There is no DOFD or drop off date listed on the TU report.  On EX the reporting date opened by LVNV is listed as 1/6/06, on TU it is listed as 6/30/06.

I don't really care when it falls off EX as it is a very old closed account and won't generate much in the way of points - but for some reason TU has it listed as an open, revolving account and on the TU report from this site FICO factors it into overall util like a credit card.  It's the only baddie left on TU and after it comes off I hope that the TU fico will be similar to the EQ one - at the moment there is a big difference because of this baddie (TU 558, EQ 678).  

So as I said, TU doesn't list a drop off date - will it fall off TU next month as it is supposed to for EX??

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Fall Off Date The Same Across CRAs?

Sometimes the drop date is different (for whatevery reason). Make sure that you keep hard copies of all 3 CRAs in case you need them as proof of re-aging or if they reappear with another CA.

I would wait and see if TU deletes this in Oct.before doing anything..

Message 2 of 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Is Fall Off Date The Same Across CRAs?

You could always call TU,for the DOFD and the drop date.

if you have the patience to be on hold and listen to the pretty music.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.