Established Contributor
jordanmedical

Re: Is LVNV trying to mess me up for 2 years until this falls off in 2014?

Spoke to Lawyer, If account is paid or settled, they must remove the consumer disputes flag. Anyone have luck PFD with LVNV?

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Is LVNV trying to mess me up for 2 years until this falls off in 2014?

Here is what I would do.  Others may take a different approach.

The obvious way to approach it, if they have already reported a dispute to the CRA, is to file a direct dispute with them for inaccuracy of their reporting.

However, that is a real catch-22.  Dispute to challenge the reporting of a dispute, thus placing a legitimate dispute flag in your credit file?

I would approach it as an FDCPA violation, by their  threatening to take action that they cannot legally take.  You have filed no dispute under any provision of the FCRA.  They are threatening to report that you have.

Violations of the FDCPA are handled administratively by way of complaint to the FTC.  I would draft a letter of complaint of their violation of FDCPA 807(5), addressed to the FTC, with a copy cc:'d to the debt collector, thus putting them on notice that their threat is already a violation, and if followed by actually reporting a dispute, would raise their violation from a threat to an additional illegal action.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+