Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MyFICO Score Watch Broken???!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is MyFICO Score Watch Broken???!!!

Paid my CC balances down 90% over a month ago and I still have not received a score watch alert. Im trying to get approved for a home loan.....How long does it take for the bureaus to report new balances??????? I am getting impatient. Ex: 660 TU: 646 EXP FAKO: 654

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jmartin2683

Re: Is MyFICO Score Watch Broken???!!!

usually within a few days of the credit cards statement date, at least for me.

Message 2 of 8
Target1212
Regular Contributor

It's usually within a few days, I got a SW alert on the 5th, got a collection that brought that SW alert to drop my score 30 points removed 3 days ago, still no alert! I'm freaking out here too trying for a mortgage wednesday. This thing needs to hurry up and update, I'm trying to resist buying a credit report just for the score to update.

Message 3 of 8
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Do you have your target score (in Settings) set to your current score? If so, you'll get more frequent alerts than if you have it set to some actual target score.

Score Watch doesn't automatically report when balances go down -- only when they go up by certain $ figures or percentages. So if your balances go down, but your score doesn't reach or surpass some target you've set, you might not get any notice. But if your balances go down and your score goes above your current score -- IF you've got your current score set as target -- then you'd probably get an alert and notification of your new score.

Sort of dumb, really. Especially for a product called Score Watch, which ought to be watching and alerting you to every movement of your score. But that's how it seems to work. And as the other poster said, all this is going to happen only after your creditors report to the bureaus.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have set my target score to 1 point over my current score just to ensure that any change for the better will give me the alert. I had 3,555 in CC debt and paid 3,000 of it on 2/8. So I HOPE that my score would go up 1 point after the new balance is posted. Thanks for the feedback. Are score watch alerts 24/7?

Message 5 of 8
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I recently added a new CC with my CU, which gave me 2 CCs and my score went down by 2 points and SW gave me an alert.  It was late in the evening too when it happened.  Just last night I got a sweet little 17 pt bump up and that SW alert came at 11:31pm EST.

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just pulled my report and my score jumped 45 pts and I did not get a score watch report......Weird. At least now I know that I should qualify!!!!

Message 7 of 8
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the HUGE bump! It's a darned shame you should have had to blow a report on that, though. A product that claims to watch and report score changes should surely have noticed 45 points.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.