Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is This A PFD Success???

tag
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Is This A PFD Success???

Hi Everyone,

So I wrote this CA a PFD letter about 3 weeks ago and sent it snail mail to address on my credit report and address on BBB. Well to my surprise I got this in the mail yesterday. I checked my credit and its completely gone already!!!! I didnt even pay them yet and all 3 bureaus are showing no record of it anymore. I am going to pay them because I do not want it popping up again in the future and last I checked, it wasnt scheduled to fall off until 2017

Dear (me),

I.C. System has requested the credit reporting agencies to whom we have reported the refenced account to remove that account from your credit record. However, the account remains unpaid and it is still due and owing. 

Sincerely,

Manager 

Now I want to be sure this doesnt show up paid on my credit report after I pay them but all I have to do is keep this letter as my backup in case that does happen.

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
GooseGirl
Contributor

Re: Is This A PFD Success???

I am pretty surprised they removed it before you even paid. I would pay them quickly. You have the letter just in case it pops back up but it seems like this CA is one of the easier ones to deal with. Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 2 of 7
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

@GooseGirl wrote:

I am pretty surprised they removed it before you even paid. I would pay them quickly. You have the letter just in case it pops back up but it seems like this CA is one of the easier ones to deal with. Congrats!

Thank you, I am running to get certified funds for this LOL and send it off I will keep copies of everything!

Message 3 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Shogun wrote:

Good luck!!!

+1

Message 5 of 7
dursty87
Established Contributor

Pay them as quickly as possible!  I have done PFD's with ICS in the past.  They are very easy to work with.  I never got them in writing first but they always kept their word and removed within a week of payment.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 7
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

@ssondubs wrote:

Pay them as quickly as possible!  I have done PFD's with ICS in the past.  They are very easy to work with.  I never got them in writing first but they always kept their word and removed within a week of payment.  Good luck!

Thank you ssondubs, I am getting the certified funds out in the mail today. I had setup calendar reminders of when to send out the next round of PFD letters and I was so happy and surprised to see this in my mailbox a week before I was due to send out more letters Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.