Valued Contributor
IOBA

Re: Is West Asset Trying to Trick Me?

My suggestions are -

1)   Have your MIL return all letters to the sender.

2)   With your cell phone provider, block the number they are calling from.  If it's a private or unavailable number, do not answer.

3)   Send them a letter telling them to cease and desist calling you.   This letter needs to be sent CMRR, by itself!  On the green card, before you mail it, write on there C&D letter so you will know what it refers to when the green card comes back.

4)   Send them the dispute letter that RobertEG suggested, CMRR, by itself!!  Do NOT include it with the other letter.  On the green card, before you mail it, write on there Dispute so you will know what it refers to when the green card comes back.

Something I always do, is write this note at the bottom of all letters...

Sent Certified Mail, Return Receipt, #xxxxxxx  <---- put in the actual number for the CMRR.  

It lets them know I am tracking this, I am serious.  It also helps match up the green card to the copy of the letter.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}