cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a score of 700 or better possible with one baddie?

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Re: Is a score of 700 or better possible with one baddie?

Hcontreras, thanks for asking this question... I was thinking of throwing in the towel until I get my big A$$ judgement (14k) solved for!  I do have a 685-699 score today even with this judgment but my denials always focus on the public record.  My judgment is due to fall off in July but I got a feeling the filer will renew here in Texas.  He's betting on me needing to do something someday. 

Seeing others in the same boat with a judgment surpass the 700 mark is keeping me encouraged to focused on the task at hand.

Thanks, Barry

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 21 of 24
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@Hcontreras wrote:

I just applied for a Chase Freedom card and got approved for $3,500 right off the bat! WOW!!

Congrats and I am downright jealous now! Smiley Wink

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 22 of 24
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your replies DrMac210 and BarryNTexas! Your stories are both encouraging and inspiring. Knowledge truly is power. This forum is tremendous! Being able to exchange information and successes allow us to take control of our own unique credit situations and offer hope and encouragement! Without this forum my credit situation situation seemed daunting and impossible to turn around. I'm truly thankful to all of you!
In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 23 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Hcontreras, thanks for asking this question... I was thinking of throwing in the towel until I get my big A$$ judgement (14k) solved for!  I do have a 685-699 score today even with this judgment but my denials always focus on the public record.  My judgment is due to fall off in July but I got a feeling the filer will renew here in Texas.  He's betting on me needing to do something someday. 

Seeing others in the same boat with a judgment surpass the 700 mark is keeping me encouraged to focused on the task at hand.

Thanks, Barry

Even if they renew the judgment does not mean it will stay past 7 years from the filing date.  It just means they have another 10 years (or whatever TX SOL is) to collect.

The FCRA does state 7 years or the SOL of the governing state but, I have seldom seen that happen.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.