cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else impatiently waiting for Scorewatch Updates?

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Is anyone else impatiently waiting for Scorewatch Updates?

Waiting for new score updates after paying things off, HP's dropping off and paying down on my CC's to a lower utilization %.

Both my cards statement dates are on the 6th of the month!  Don't know if I will see report changes tomorrow or Monday....but the wait is killing me!!!  Would really like to see my scores all hit 700's but not sure where they will fall.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is anyone else impatiently waiting for Scorewatch Updates?

ScoreWatch is usually a couple days slow.   I'd expect an update Monday or Tuesday.

EDIT:   SW is a couple days slow from the day that your statements update on your CR.  My experience is that EQ is slow to update the CR....so even though your CC's statement date is the 6th, your EQ report may not reflect that on the 6th...could be a day or 2 later, and then SW is usually a day or 2 or 3 after that...YMMV tho.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 2 of 19
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

So I just don't know if I fully have the grasp of time of paying my cards down with when CC report. Or for that matter, do they even report EVERY month?  I ask because so far, no change in my CR with the exception of +1 and the only difference was two HP's reaching the 12 month anniversary.  

However, I paid down to $0 two loans. I also paid down to just below 30% utilzation on my CC and $0 balanced one. I tried that last month and somehow ended up messing it up because I had a $5 balance on one! Ugh!  

My statement date is the 2nd of every month. I paid both by the last day of the month.  How long after the statement date can I begin using card so that they still report at their lowest???  I am getting ready to head out of town and I want to pay a few bills before I do, plus I will be using cards for trip and then paying balance down again at end of month.  My score report has not budged and I just can't imagine that with all of those payments that I have not gotten any additional changes.  Actually, I know they haven't because I did update my report on Monday and my two loans still show balances that should now be at $0.  

I want the best scores for May that I can have since that is when I will be applying for car loan, requesting CLI's and possibly applying for one more CC. So any advise is welcome!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 3 of 19
kjel
Established Contributor

Me!

I paid two of my three credit cards down to $0 last month and the third down to $10. All three have a statement date of the 5th. Got the statement, still not updated to the CRAs. Hoping for some points here!

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 4 of 19
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@kjel wrote:

Me!

I paid two of my three credit cards down to $0 last month and the third down to $10. All three have a statement date of the 5th. Got the statement, still not updated to the CRAs. Hoping for some points here!

Glad to know it's not just me! Smiley Frustrated

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 5 of 19
Charnele1989
Contributor

I got two baddies removed and a 30 day late removed. Next pay period im paying everything down. I look foward to see my credit score change. Im just waiting and waiting lol

Starting Score ( ASHAMED) -557 03/18/14 (04/05/14 577)
Experian 588 Transunion 651

NEW SCORE 04/23/14
TU 671 EX 655 EQ 603
Short term 650 across the board
Long Term 750 across the board
Message 6 of 19
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Oh yeah, I am ALWAYS impatiently waiting for ScoreWatch updates, even when I know none are due! Just crave the fix, I guess.

By midmonth I'll have a single card reporting for the first time in years. (I usually have 2-3 out of my five reporting.) Not only that, but by the end of the month I'll get an alert that I've paid that single card down from 29% to 20%. Not only that, but my overall utilization will go from 9% to 5% by month's end. Not only that but I'm at 797 FICO EQ right now and AM WAITING AND WATCHING FOR THE MAGIC 800!

So yeah, I join you in impatiently waiting for ScoreWatch updates.

Hoping for 800 around mid-month, then a few more points later. This should be my first time in the 800 club. Very, very excited!

Message 7 of 19
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

Oh yeah, I am ALWAYS impatiently waiting for ScoreWatch updates, even when I know none are due! Just crave the fix, I guess.

By midmonth I'll have a single card reporting for the first time in years. (I usually have 2-3 out of my five reporting.) Not only that, but by the end of the month I'll get an alert that I've paid that single card down from 29% to 20%. Not only that, but my overall utilization will go from 9% to 5% by month's end. Not only that but I'm at 797 FICO EQ right now and AM WAITING AND WATCHING FOR THE MAGIC 800!

So yeah, I join you in impatiently waiting for ScoreWatch updates.

Hoping for 800 around mid-month, then a few more points later. This should be my first time in the 800 club. Very, very excited!

Congrats on heading to the big 800!  

I just want to see 700 across the board....so close and can't stand it!  I think I am going to have to wait for my tax lien to fall off (another 6 years, augh!) before I can hope to reach 800! So I'll just be happy to reach prime between 720 to 760 over the next few years!

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 8 of 19
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about that tax lien, but you'll see 800 someday, BluePoodle!  I'm betting on it.

I know what an accomplishment it is breaking any of the big barriers -- 600, 700, 800, all big deals. Isn't it strange, though, how it seems a lot of us end up hovering somewhere near the goal (692 or 795 or we have two scores in the 700s while the third won't budge), but get stuck and don't go over for the longest time?

Message 9 of 19
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

Sorry to hear about that tax lien, but you'll see 800 someday, BluePoodle!  I'm betting on it.

I know what an accomplishment it is breaking any of the big barriers -- 600, 700, 800, all big deals. Isn't it strange, though, how it seems a lot of us end up hovering somewhere near the goal (692 or 795 or we have two scores in the 700s while the third won't budge), but get stuck and don't go over for the longest time?

Yeah, tax lien was quiet frustrating since I only saw it after it had already been filed. It showed up in the 11th hour from a state I hadn't lived in for over 6 years! It didn't matter that they didn't have my address and I had no way to verify if what they said I owed that I did or did not as all of my old tax documents were filed away at my parents place in MI and I was living in GA. So I just paid it and now I am stuck with it!

I agree, scores just seem to hover in the Mid to high 600's for the most part for me.  I have only just reached 701 and really want to see what these recent changes do to impact my scores!  I have one other possible item to come off if my GW letter works. Otherwise, util % and gardening are the only things left to help me!  As long as I can get the best auto rates and increase my CL then I will be happy. No home purchases being considered for at least another year, so I have time to garden for that!

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.