cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else waiting for a big event or 2? It's SO hard.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is anyone else waiting for a big event or 2? It's SO hard.

@stargazer25 wrote:

I am so there with you....

waiting for AU with a clean 10 year history and $12K CL to show up on TU & EQ. Showed up on EX jumped my score by 53 points.

waiting for AU for new AMEX to show up for $15K.

wating for 2 early exclusion requests to a clear wihich if they don't they will fall of in 60 days anyway.

waiting for my biggest collection to fall of or EE (not even my fault!)

waiting for 3  accounts on each CR of legit debt recall/paid disputes to clear off my CR.

waiting for a dispute to clear showing a legit forbearance agreement on 2 student loans that should clear 2 90 day lates which are my only negative lates.

waiting for a call back from the finance director of my local hospital to beg plead my case of a GW delete of small ($500).Physically went to the hospital today.

All these things have been in play for the last 14 days and will hopefully at worst clear in the next 60. Pray for me ya'll.

On the plus side I have raised my score by over a 100 pts each accross the board since march 2016.

Holy guac Stargazer, you have a LOT to look forward to!!      It's almost worse when you've previously had big jumps   (me too, see my before /after below), because you want another one right away!    The addiction has been created LOL.   

Wishing you have good news soon!

Message 11 of 14
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

I can say that a lot of these things I am waiting for are because of all the advice I have read on the forums. I have learned so miuch. The sudent loan with the forbearance agreement was somehing I learned from the student loan forum and how to crawl up different OC and CA's butts was another. And seeing other people have success was encouraging. I've had to do a lot of pay offs, secure cards, real cards, toy cards, PFD, follow ups, phone calls, e-mails and insane phone call hold times (and music(.... blood sweat and tears.

And yes.... it's so hard knowing that any of these things can hit any day. Just not today! I check my personal e-mail obsessively to see if I got an update from my fico.I was in the 520's and now I am in the 650's. I want to hit the 700's so bad.Hell at least get me to 660 across the boards so I can apply for better cards. I'll take anything man! Waiting for the next hit! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 12 of 14
Grafton88
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in the "SLOW CRAWL" mode, waiting for some lates to jump off the age cliff. 

It's killing me, even though I don't NEED a boost now (not buying a home for a year or 18 months), I really want one!    The bad:  Old lates on student loans (off August of 2017), old lates on a mortgage (off August 2017), and a USAA chargeoff that they will not even let me pay, because it was 1099'd (off in OCTOBER 2016!)    The CO is gone from TU but not the others.    I tried for EE and no dice.

Just wondering if anyone else is feeling the same.

I've exhausted all my goodwill resources.   I've tried really, really, hard, and Navient/Chase WILL NOT BUDGE.  Over 4 rounds of letters, to higher ups found on Bloomberg.   I've given up.   And honestly, I deserve the lates, I WAS late!     So meanwhile, I'm nursing my new accounts, waiting, waiting, waiting.   It's HARD!  

Feel free to chime in if you feel the same!

You will be surprised how soon August 2017 will arrive and those baddies will finally drop off.  

This time last year I was still paying off a tax lien and had Public Records on each report.  The tax lien dropped off in November.  This year I got EEs on my Public Records.  My reports are clean, clean, clean.

Just hang in there.  Keep your goals in sight.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grafton88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in the "SLOW CRAWL" mode, waiting for some lates to jump off the age cliff. 

It's killing me, even though I don't NEED a boost now (not buying a home for a year or 18 months), I really want one!    The bad:  Old lates on student loans (off August of 2017), old lates on a mortgage (off August 2017), and a USAA chargeoff that they will not even let me pay, because it was 1099'd (off in OCTOBER 2016!)    The CO is gone from TU but not the others.    I tried for EE and no dice.

Just wondering if anyone else is feeling the same.

I've exhausted all my goodwill resources.   I've tried really, really, hard, and Navient/Chase WILL NOT BUDGE.  Over 4 rounds of letters, to higher ups found on Bloomberg.   I've given up.   And honestly, I deserve the lates, I WAS late!     So meanwhile, I'm nursing my new accounts, waiting, waiting, waiting.   It's HARD!  

Feel free to chime in if you feel the same!

You will be surprised how soon August 2017 will arrive and those baddies will finally drop off.  

This time last year I was still paying off a tax lien and had Public Records on each report.  The tax lien dropped off in November.  This year I got EEs on my Public Records.  My reports are clean, clean, clean.

Just hang in there.  Keep your goals in sight.

Thanks for the support Grafton!  And I'm very happy for you!

I have a BIG downpayment to save, so that keeps me in check...... Because even if did have a magic wand and could fix my FiCO in one sweep, I still need close to $50K before I can house shop.    So I NEED that year and probably more!        Hoping the interest rates on mortgages don't rise too much between now and then.

Meanwhile I keep obsessively checking scores.....  My last and final move will be this month when I add the Alliant Share Secured loan, we'll so how that goes.. I do have several old paid installment student loan/mortgage loan but they are all closed.  The good people on the mortgage board convinced me that it will help to have an open one.

Thanks for sharing your story, and cheers to a bright future!   

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.