Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is deleting a CO just an urban myth?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is deleting a CO just an urban myth?

I am currently working with Lexington Law (which I'm gonna stop pretty soon but that's not the point) I am considering going at trying to remove my CO on my own but everything I read suggests this is just not possible. I have 3 CO, and two collections stemming from the COs. Has anyone ever succesfully had one of these things removed??? I'm starting to think I should just crawl into a hole and wait an additional 3 years for this to just drop off. Sure you can dispute anything but with a CO does it EVER work!? My collections were easy to get knocked off because they're all just a bunch of gate trolls looking to make a buck who can't varify anything, but if I didn't have the CO then the collections wouldn't even be an issue. And the collections always weasel their way back on.

Is there anyone who's beat this monster without waiting 7.5 years? (Yes I know it's all my fault, but it's no like we reward people for paying their CO debts. If I could pay this off tomorrow and know it would just go away I would, but that's not how it works-unless it's a pay for delete which is an even bigger myth I hear) Is there some magic varification letter written by the credit Apostles in Heaven that I could use to get this knocked off once and for all?

*crickets*

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Lilybuggy
Valued Member

Re: Is deleting a CO just an urban myth?

I got a CO deleted.  I wrote a good will to the CEO of the credit card company.  They pulled it back from the credit agency, paid it and it was removed. It's not an urban myth. 

Message 2 of 21
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am currently working with Lexington Law (which I'm gonna stop pretty soon but that's not the point) I am considering going at trying to remove my CO on my own but everything I read suggests this is just not possible. I have 3 CO, and two collections stemming from the COs. Has anyone ever succesfully had one of these things removed??? I'm starting to think I should just crawl into a hole and wait an additional 3 years for this to just drop off. Sure you can dispute anything but with a CO does it EVER work!? My collections were easy to get knocked off because they're all just a bunch of gate trolls looking to make a buck who can't varify anything, but if I didn't have the CO then the collections wouldn't even be an issue. And the collections always weasel their way back on.

Is there anyone who's beat this monster without waiting 7.5 years? (Yes I know it's all my fault, but it's no like we reward people for paying their CO debts. If I could pay this off tomorrow and know it would just go away I would, but that's not how it works-unless it's a pay for delete which is an even bigger myth I hear) Is there some magic varification letter written by the credit Apostles in Heaven that I could use to get this knocked off once and for all?

*crickets*

Hi there, as they say... ymmv however I have also had a CO (from Honda Financial) removed from my report. Granted, it was also paid in full at the time.  I wrote a GW letter requesting removal and it was granted!

There's not much harming in trying, right?

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 21
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

IME as long as the CO is paid then a goodwill letter can get it removed depending on the company.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a CO off from GECRB deleted. It was sold to a CA and reporting a zero balance. I GW'ed the CEO and other executives and it was removed so it definitely is possible.
Message 5 of 21
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

I got a CO from Cap 1 removed.. it was like 5 years old but still removed...

I think a lot of it comes down to the creditor... whi are you dealing with?? I am trying to get a CO removed from Citi and not having any luck...

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hdrider07 wrote:

IME as long as the CO is paid then a goodwill letter can get it removed depending on the company.

+1000

I've had 4 CO's.  All paid (one through a CA).  Two of the four were with Barclay, they updated to paid as agreed no negative remarks whatsoever.  One with HSBC that was re-opened and is almost in good standing (working on removing the lates from EQ is slow as molassess), and another HSBC that was deleted. 

I bet if you post who the accounts are with people here can give you insight on how to deal with them specifically.  Save the money you're paying to LL and put it towards the CO's and then GW them to death.  It's not easy.  Some creditors are more willing than others and some you have to have a really good reason as to why it was charged off in the first place. 

Message 7 of 21
WorkinIt

I just signed up with Lex Law, did they get the CA removed for you? or did you do that on your own?

In regards to the charge off, if it is paid it will be no problem to get off, if the CO is a few years old it probably isn't have as much of an effect on your score as a recent collection.

Message 8 of 21
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@WorkinIt wrote:

I just signed up with Lex Law, did they get the CA removed for you? or did you do that on your own?

In regards to the charge off, if it is paid it will be no problem to get off, if the CO is a few years old it probably isn't have as much of an effect on your score as a recent collection.

Is this your personal experience? I only ask because post after post will talk about the difficulty many people have getting any negative removed early. Of course it does happen but you are the first that I recall saying a paid CO will be no problem to get off.

If you have found the secret though I salute you I also predict a wave of requests asking how you did it.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 21
rogersave
Regular Contributor

I agree. I wish it were easy. All my chargeoffs are paid. Have gotten 2 removed so far, 6 more to go. Hasnt been easy at all....

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.