cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is deleting a CO just an urban myth?

tag
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: Is deleting a CO just an urban myth?

At the beginning of this year I was lucky to have CHASE delete two COs from 2010. So it is deff possible to get COs removed off your CR. You just gotta find the right person to read your GW letter. I even managed to get a CA (that had purchased part of a CO) to forgive my debt and remove the collection off my CR! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting rid of COs is relatively easy.  Just DV then edited.  If it doesn't work the first time, keep at it.  The thing is, they almost always have false information.  IF they "verify" it without giving you all the details-- like that they're registered to collect in your state, proof that you're the actual debtor, etc. etc. etc, then you edited because you don't have the info... if they do give you the info, the info will be wrong (ALWAYS in my expereince) and thus you edited it for that reason.

I've never had a CO take more than 2 letters to remove.   I've removed more than 12 of them over the past couple decades for various errors.

Message 12 of 21
wilsoga1
Valued Member

I'm having the same issue...sent GWs to the companies listed on my CR and was denied by all.  They are all paid off COs.

I'm going to send another round of GWs, but my question is- Should I send the exact same letter or completely write up a new letter?  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Starting Score: 505 1/15/12
Current Score: 745 6/20/16
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 21
Mikey123
Valued Member

bridgetkaryn - would you mind PM'ing me the information on who you spoke to at cap one to get the charge off removed? thanks

Message 14 of 21
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I have a charge off from 2000 that keeps getting sold to another creditor, and another and another..is this legal? Lexington law got it off my report but can it come back again?
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 15 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Lasardo wrote:
I have a charge off from 2000 that keeps getting sold to another creditor, and another and another..is this legal? Lexington law got it off my report but can it come back again?

It can be resold over and over again after it comes off. That's the danger in getting baddies off without paying it. Aside from an increased risk of being sued, they can reappear after being sold to a new CA.

If the CO occurred in 2000 and the DOFD at or before that, then no, it can never reappear again. The CRTP set by the FCRA is 7-7.5 years. So as of this moment, anything older than 2005 (DOFD that is) cannot report.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lexington is great at getting CA reports off, that's pretty simple. As I said they're all just trolls. The CO are the beast to get off....If they dont come off this next challenge period I'm gonna let them fall off on they own...

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, if the CO is not removed. Another lender can buy it.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@WorkinIt wrote:

I just signed up with Lex Law, did they get the CA removed for you? or did you do that on your own?

In regards to the charge off, if it is paid it will be no problem to get off, if the CO is a few years old it probably isn't have as much of an effect on your score as a recent collection.

Is this your personal experience? I only ask because post after post will talk about the difficulty many people have getting any negative removed early. Of course it does happen but you are the first that I recall saying a paid CO will be no problem to get off.

If you have found the secret though I salute you I also predict a wave of requests asking how you did it.  Smiley Happy

Agreed. I've had two CA removed and recent lates from CapOne are supposed to be removed (hopefully VERY soon). I haven't had any luck so far with my CO with WFNNB. Having said that, I don't think it's impossible. It's just going to take more work than the aforementioned. My next round of GW letters are goimg im the mail tomorrow Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!!!!

AHHHHHH! JUST CHECKED TRANS UNION!!!! I GOT THREE THINGS DELETED AND ONE IS A CHARGE OFF!!!! I was going to quit Lexington because I didn't think it would work, but omg one is GONE!!!!

....So why is my credit score still so low?

Well, whatever I'll worry about scores later, it's that stupid debt I care about. The CO was from Care credit (5,094) and a CA called LVNV (it was like 9,500)  I have another CO with capital one for 1320, another from LVNV for 1320. LVNV keeps buying my old CO accounts, I'm not going to pay so just leave me alone! Another was from Enhancecro or something for $207. Which I would have paid but it got deleted. If it creeps back I will pay it though, enhancro is non related to my CO. I have another CO with Macy's for $215....I am so tempted to write them a GW letter, I'd be willing to pay them twice what I owe if they removed it. It's only $215 I can afford that no problem...Though at the time it happened I was pretty poor.  The other LVNV will come off though, CA are easy to get rid of.  But I still need to get the original CO removed or another lender will buy it, which to me is silly. I HAVEN'T PAID IT IN 4 YEARS I WONT START NOW......well....unless capital one deleted it...then I'd be more than willing.

*sigh* I hope the other credit beauros will remove the CO as well.....

Trans Union Account:
LVNV: 1,320 (CA)......this one will get deleted easy through Lexington
CAP ONE: 1,320 (CO)......My credit alert says "a positive change made to this account" I'm not sure what that means unless it's going to be deleted soon?
MACY'S $215 (CO)  This is the youngest and will probably be hard to delete...wouldn't be surprised if this one sticks around.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.