cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is getting a judgement off your credit possible?

tag
HailtotheVictors79
Contributor

Is getting a judgement off your credit possible?

Is it possible for the plaintiffs attorneys to get a judgment off of your credit report? Or once it goes to the court and becomes a public record then it's there until it falls off?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is getting a judgement off your credit possible?

When the debt is paid, the plaintiff's attorney must file a Satisfaction of Judgment with the court. In some states, a judgment can be vacated on the grounds that it has been satisfied. If that is allowed in your state, you can send the court documents showing the judgment was vacated to the CRAs and they will delete it.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 8
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

I have a Paid/Satusfied Judgement on my CR. Filed on 6-13-2012 Paid on 4-18-2013. 

Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 05/2019 

Where can find a law in the state of Connecticut to see if the judgment can be vacated on the grounds that it has been satisfied & get it removed from my CR?

Message 3 of 8
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

hey it is poosible i just disputed with equifax and it was deleted within 20 days. I'm going to try to dispute with the transunion and experian now. good luck

Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

I have a Paid/Satusfied Judgement on my CR. Filed on 6-13-2012 Paid on 4-18-2013. 

Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 05/2019 

Where can find a law in the state of Connecticut to see if the judgment can be vacated on the grounds that it has been satisfied & get it removed from my CR?

All you want to know on CT judgments:   http://www.jud.ct.gov/lawlib/law/defaultjudgment.htm

Motion to open the judgment:   http://www.jud.ct.gov/webforms/forms/cv051.pdf

On the motion to open the judgment the box that has these words,"I request that the judgment in the case named above be opened because:"       I am asking that this judgment be re-opened for the purpose of vacating it as I have satisfied and paid it in full... or something to these words and reason. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
CCspoiledbrat1
Valued Member

Yes, you can get this removed. Go to the court and ask for a motion to vacate. 

updated IN THE GARDEN UNTIL: 8/14/14
Cap1$500 |Express$900 |BILLMELATER$500|Shell$200
MarathonGas$200 |NFCUCshRwrdsVisa$2.5K |NFCUGoRwrdsMC$5K
AmazonStore$1.2K |AmazonRewardsVisa$500 |DiscoverIT$500
BUCKLE$500/MACYS CLOSED
Message 6 of 8
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Awesome, thanks. I'll have to find the original paperwork then to correctly fill out everything on the form. 

Message 7 of 8
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

UNDRTKR65   what did you do to have it removed? Did you just file a dispute and that was it? Did oyu have to fill any forms out for the courts?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.