cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is having wrong address reason to have a collection removed?

tag
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Is having wrong address reason to have a collection removed?

Im trying to deal with Afni and they simply wont budge with a pfd.

In the past , I remember a CA making an exception basically telling me to make up a story that they had the wrong address as a reason for deletion with them.

Since this collection has been passed around a few times ,.would this work?

BTW , I know they have the wrong address because they asked me on the phone if the address was mine when it was like 5 years old and I also never recieved anything from them.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Re: Is having wrong address reason to have a collection removed?

Anything ?
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

That is improper for two reasons

First, you should not dispute the accuracy of information that is accurate.  That is game playing....

Second, a dispute relates only to the accuracy of the information identified in the dispute, not to the accuracy of non-disputed information.

Dispute of an address would not be basis for deletion of their asserted collection authority.

When you dispute, you are required to both identity the inaccuracy and present adequate documentation to permit a reasonable investigation.

In this case, that would require presentation of your accurate address.

Absent such showing, the dispute would be frivolous or irrelevant.

If the accurate current addresss is presented, the outcome would be correction of the address, not deletion based on an improper collection.

Message 3 of 5
newstart2010
Blogger

Are you disputing the account in total, or are you trying to do a pay for deletion?  AFNI was very successful for me, but I had this exact issue.  They had the wrong address for me, I offered to pay but they needed to delete because my first notification of the accounts were through the credit report.  I also could not get them to do anything over the phone.  It only worked through written letter.  If you are looking to PFD you could take the tactic of disputing the address they have on file and using that as the reason they need to delete once it is paid.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 4 of 5
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for the info new. Yes , I was trying to do a off . Since I've already been denied a few times though , how would you add this new spin to it ? Or what did you say .

I know they have my address wrong and never relieved anything but don't know how to say it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.