cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Better To Leave A Derogratory Account Open or Closed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it Better To Leave A Derogratory Account Open or Closed?

I have 2 Capital One old accounts opened in 2008 and 2009 that are included in my Chapter 13 case. My case was completed and discharged in August of this year. These accounts do say included in Bankruptcy but still show that they are open.  They are not open for me to use just reporting that way.  I figure the age of accounts is giving me a slight boost but then again the negative information is still there and will be until early 2017.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is it Better To Leave A Derogratory Account Open or Closed?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 Capital One old accounts opened in 2008 and 2009 that are included in my Chapter 13 case. My case was completed and discharged in August of this year. These accounts do say included in Bankruptcy but still show that they are open.  They are not open for me to use just reporting that way.  I figure the age of accounts is giving me a slight boost but then again the negative information is still there and will be until early 2017.

Just leave it alone if you dispute it the status date comes current and there would be a fico score hit. It doesnt matter its reporting open as its clear was IIB

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it Better To Leave A Derogratory Account Open or Closed?

Thank you you confirmed what I was thinking.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.