cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get a Kohls 30 day late payment removed?

tag
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible to get a Kohls 30 day late payment removed?

I HAD good credit, until Kohls struck me for being 2 days late. (To clarify, I guess it was 2 days outside their final pay date.)

They attacked me with a 30 day late and now the account is totally paid off. How can I get this sucker removed?? Are they likely to work with me?

thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Is it possible to get a Kohls 30 day late payment removed?

You can send a GW letter to the bank that issues the Kohl's credit cards and ask. How old is the 30 day late?

Message 2 of 14
Jaxavier
New Contributor

2 days or 32 days late?

They cannot report you 30 days late if you paid on the 17th when your bill was due on ther 15th.

Message 3 of 14
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

You can send a GW letter to the bank that issues the Kohl's credit cards and ask. How old is the 30 day late?

This is all from January. Apparently they have no "grace period". The thing is, they called me one day for payment and I explained I had just made the payment earlier that same day and she said ok its all good then. Then I get the 30 day. It's fully paid off now and their card has been destroyed. I will never shop there again.

Message 4 of 14
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Who is the bank? If it posted to your account on the due date they can not list 30 days late

Message 5 of 14
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

On my credit, it says "kohls/capone"

Message 6 of 14
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

This is all from January. Apparently they have no "grace period". The thing is, they called me one day for payment and I explained I had just made the payment earlier that same day and she said ok its all good then. Then I get the 30 day. It's fully paid off now and their card has been destroyed. I will never shop there again.

You're failing to answer the most important question here:  what was the actual payment due date, and when did you send the payment?  If there is a time period of less than thirty days between the two, they can't mark you as being 30 days late.

Furthermore, Capital One is the servicer of Kohl's charge accounts.  I wouldn't really blame Kohl's for how Capital One is handling this.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 7 of 14
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

@JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

You're failing to answer the most important question here:  what was the actual payment due date, and when did you send the payment?  If there is a time period of less than thirty days between the two, they can't mark you as being 30 days late.

Furthermore, Capital One is the servicer of Kohl's charge accounts.  I wouldn't really blame Kohl's for how Capital One is handling this.

Yes. 6 days late according to Kohls. Due 18th of Jan, paid 24th. I just called and explained my situation and the guy forwarded my request to corporate (all his idea) and said they will probably adjust it off!!!!  Fingers crossed. He says I should get a letter early next wk of their decision.

Message 8 of 14
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Good luck, and keep us posted!  If they fail to do anything, there are other routes you can take.  Just let us know.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 9 of 14
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

Good luck, and keep us posted!  If they fail to do anything, there are other routes you can take.  Just let us know.

No prob. I'm dying to know the outcome.. considering calling back and asking if there's any word.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.