Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have too many CC's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to have too many CC's?

Everyone I have is in my siggy. What do you yall think?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

Re: Is it possible to have too many CC's?

It's only too many if you can't handle them responsibly! I like to think less is more. The less cards you have, the less likely you are to accidentally miss a payment.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Everyone I have is in my siggy. What do you yall think?

I see a couple that I would recommend dumping for something better...

Message 3 of 4
elim
Senior Contributor

IMO you got another dumper yesterday...    Apping with high utilization and baddies about to fall off...    crazy

$300 limit - 24.99% - 3HP's - new account reporting.  

I try to make it a rule not to app until I report perfect utilization.  makes for better limits / APR,  It also makes it worth the score hit I get when the accounts report (and HP's).   I investigate 1 to 3 cards I want while waiting for everything to report (and score to rise). I usually time it with a major vacation, purchase or med bill to easily pick up the bonuses.  I try to have the $$ ready to pay most or all of the sign-up bonus amount to avoid paying interest.  Then I lay low for 6 months and do it again.

Banks love lending you $ when you don't need it (low utilization after heavy use)... Planning your apps is very rewarding.

oh well, I guess everyone has to go through it...    congrats   :]

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.