cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to request OLD OLD OLD creditors to report to additional CBs?

tag
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Is it possible to request OLD OLD OLD creditors to report to additional CBs?

For whatever reason, my EQ has less than 1/4 of the old current accounts reported dragging the EQ score to almost 100 points below my EX. (FAKO). Is there a way to request an old creditor to duplicate the reporting to the other bureaus?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is it possible to request OLD OLD OLD creditors to report to additional CBs?

@RussianPassion wrote:

For whatever reason, my EQ has less than 1/4 of the old current accounts reported dragging the EQ score to almost 100 points below my EX. (FAKO). Is there a way to request an old creditor to duplicate the reporting to the other bureaus?

Comparing FICO to FAKO scores is an exercise in futility. It simply can't be done reliably. The fact that your EQ score is 100 points lower than your Plus score from EX means nothing. It could just as easily be 100 points higher than the Plus score. Always ignore FAKO scores no matter what.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 7
winstars
Regular Contributor

Re: Is it possible to request OLD OLD OLD creditors to report to additional CBs?

Roger that!!!

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Of course I know that. I am just saying that I have IDENTICAL tradelines reported on EX and EQ and a lot of TLs are missing on the TU report. So I have 12 accounts total on EQ and EX and only 5 on TU. I want to have the good stuff reported to TU as well. FICO FAKO is out of the question.

Message 4 of 7
GregB
Valued Contributor

I think that the issue was confused when scores were mentioned when the real issue, as stated in the subject, is tradelines missing from TU.

A creditor makes a business decision to work with 0, 1, 2, or 3 CRAs. If they had a relationship with TU, they would have reported at that time. Even if they have now decided to work with all three, they have NO motivation to do that on old accounts.

IF you have a new account with the same company AND they now have a releationship with TU, then you might have some luck getting them to report an old account.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Credit reporting is not compulsory.  A creditor can choose to report to any number of CRAs of their choosing, including none.  Reporting requires that they first enter into a reporting agreement with the CRA, which requires an initial approval process, and reporting thereafter requires fees.

Message 6 of 7
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Agree and understood. Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.