Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it reasonable

tag
Tink1o5
Valued Member

Is it reasonable

My husband an I are wanting to by a house by mid 2015. Is that a reasonable amount of time to up HIS credit (he will be the only one on the mortgage)  and to pay off 8,000 dollars in debt?

WF Secured - 300
Quizzle Score (FAKO) - 568 (3-5-13)

Starting Score: 559
Current Score: 559
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it reasonable

What is his financial picture right now?

Does he have any negatives on his credit report? Open loans? What is his total debt and income? What kind of credit lines does he have open currently? Do you have joint accounts? Does he have any public records? Collections, leins, bankruptcy, etc? What about you? I know you said he'll be the only one on the loan, but you could possibly get there yourself in time by fixing any possible issues that you have.

Is it possible to pay off $8000 in debt? Depends on your over all financial picture. How much are you putting towards it, weekly, monthly etc. Is it loan debt, CC debt? That's more a question for you two to ask yourselves depending on your over all financial health. Can you save any money for a down payment while paying off $8000? What if some crisis occurs? Will that dip into the 8k or do you have reserves?

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Is it reasonable

@Tink1o5 wrote:

My husband an I are wanting to by a house by mid 2015. Is that a reasonable amount of time to up HIS credit (he will be the only one on the mortgage)  and to pay off 8,000 dollars in debt?

It's possible to help his score, depending on the circumstances but only you can answer if you can pay off $8,000 of debt.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.