cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it time to start increasing revolving accounts yet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it time to start increasing revolving accounts yet?

@Anonymous wrote:

yea it told me they cant find a match but still recommended QUickSIlver one.  My idea is to wait until all the dust settles, but i just wanted some advice to see if i was going in the right direction.

I'd do as you said and wait until the dust settles.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot!

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The main thing here is that you are doing something right.... No matter how bad somebody credit, age heal and as time pass, so will your credit...
The main account is your student loans , which in time will start helping your scores..
All of the repos, collections, and tax lien are going to age off. So maybe if you can't PFD or dispute off, then I would just let them age off....
Funny with all of baddies you have, the student loans should be your biggest concerns, keep it current. Everything will fall off with time, and your scores will improve....
Nobody will probably give you anything decent in credit card term, but everybody have to start somewhere.
I would say get one or two secure card, and let them age for maybe a year... As they age, your baddies will age and fall off, so your scores will improve... Be realistic and set yourself an one year goal. At a fico score of 625-650 maybe you can start getting some decent cards..
Do that and in 2-3 years you can shoot for a 700's fico score...
BUT LIKE OTHERS HAVE MENTIONED , PULL YOUR FICO SCORES AND REPORTS!!!!!
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
I set a short term goal for this August. I would like to finance a car for my business.
In the meantime, I'll keep everyone updated on what's going on. I feel like I'll have a lot to talk about in the next 90 days. Thanks again for all of your feedback. There are some brilliant people in here!
Message 14 of 15
stellar
Established Contributor

You can get your FICO scores from Credit Check Total for $1 for a 7 day trial.  Then call to cancel. 

If it were me, I would start getting one or two secured credit cards to start building good credit.  That way, when all/most of the negatives are gone you have some good history. 

Open sky doesn't do a credit check but also doesn't graduate.  SDFCU I believe also doesn't do a credit check, tho there may be a HP for membership.  Those are both easy secured cards to get which don't charge you ridiculously high fees.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.