Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it too late

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it too late

I am new to the boards and don't know if it is too late to fix this problem.  I settled last June for 1/2 of what I owed to a collection agency - Central Credit Services.  Verbally they agreed to delete all information in regards to the account from the CRA and they didn't.  Is there anything I can do about this?

The original creditor is still showing the full amount due plus interest even though they said the account was sold.  If they sold it can they show the full amount due?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Is it too late

Hi and welcome to the fourms.

If the OC sold the debt they have to show a 0 balance.  I would dispute this with the CRAs.

Without a written letter, on their letterhead, it will be virtually impossible to get the account delete.    Is the account reporting correctly as far as paid/settlement?

There is no law that says they must delete, and since CAs are not always known for their honesty, it is always suggested 1.   Never talk to a CA, everything in written correspondence  2. never believe anything they tell you and 3.  Never talk to a CA.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like I am learning the hard way.  I have nothing in writing to the CA.  The account is not showing as paid or settled with the original amount showing with the CA.

In regards to disputing with the CRA's, what exactly should I tell them?

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can either write them a letter explaining what it is you are disputing and why or you can do it online.

Online gives less choices to use but this is the way I have always done it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.