Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth it? GW lates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it worth it? GW lates

Thanks to the advice in this forum last year I was able to get all of the collections accounts removed from my credit report. Now the only negatives left are one paid charged off account and some lates (most recent was 11 months ago). Are these lates that are coming up on being over a year old worth going after for removal or do they not affect your credit score enough after 1 year to make it worth spending the time trying to get them removed? With the charged off account it was one of my first lines of credit from back in 2006 so I'm afraid if I try to get that removed it will either not help or possibly hurt my score since it's is one of my oldest accounts.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it worth it? GW lates

Be more specific regarding the lates....

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 60 day late on a credit card from Feb 2011. Cap 1 Auto I have a string of lates from May 2014- May 2015. 3 of those are 60 days lates and the other 9 are 30 day lates.  And then on another car loan I have several 30 day lates... 2 from 2013, 6 from 2014 and 1 from 2015 (feb).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a 60 day late on a credit card from Feb 2011. Cap 1 Auto I have a string of lates from May 2014- May 2015. 3 of those are 60 days lates and the other 9 are 30 day lates.  And then on another car loan I have several 30 day lates... 2 from 2013, 6 from 2014 and 1 from 2015 (feb).

I'm surprised your scores are what they are with that many lates inside two years. At any rate you should see some score improvement as each late ages past 24 months. I'm assuming you have no other major derogs other than the charge off?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.