Is it worth to deal with these?

tag
mmunsee
Established Member

Is it worth to deal with these?

I have two things in collections:

$2,968 opened in 7/2010

$568 opened in 1/8/2010

Is it worth to deal with these now and work out payments, or wait till they fall off?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is it worth to deal with these?

@mmunsee wrote:

$2,968 opened in 7/2010

$568 opened in 1/8/2010

Is it worth to deal with these now and work out payments, or wait till they fall off?

The CR exclusion date is set by the DOFD of the OC, this is the date you need to know.. The dates here are prob just the dates the CAs got the collection. First thing is to see if they are past your states SOL and if so you can then move to make offers for PFD that are less than the full balance, they may not go for it but the older they become the less you will have to pay.

Message 2 of 4
mmunsee
Established Member

@gdale6 wrote:

@mmunsee wrote:

$2,968 opened in 7/2010

$568 opened in 1/8/2010

The CR exclusion date is set by the DOFD of the OC, this is the date you need to know.. The dates here are prob just the dates the CAs got the collection. First thing is to see if they are past your states SOL and if so you can then move to make offers for PFD that are less than the full balance, they may not go for it but the older they become the less you will have to pay.

the SOL for california is 4 years

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@mmunsee wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@mmunsee wrote:

$2,968 opened in 7/2010

$568 opened in 1/8/2010

the SOL for california is 4 years

Ok, now figure out what the DOFD is, this is the first occurence of 30 day delinquent that led to the CO, from this date it can report for 7.5 yrs. The SOL will also be determined from this date (most likely both are past but verify). You can then make your plan of action based on the time left to report.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.