Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is mov next step?

tag
amber1
Valued Member

Is mov next step?

I sent EX 3 letters in one envelope via cmrrr and stated the certified mail number in each of the letters.  One letter requested DOFD on 2 separate accounts, another letter needed to have personal info corrected in which I enclosed a copy of my driver's license and copy of my W-2 to verify ss#, and the last letter was to remove 2 medical bills that weren't mine.  Each letter was typed in teal ink, italicized, and unsigned.

EX stated that they will not do anything.  They said my request was suspicious and that they determined that it wasn't sent by me.  They also said that any future requests made in this manner will not be processed and will not receive a response.  Suspicious requests are taken seriously and reviewed by EX security personnel who will report deceptive activity, including copies of letters deemed as suspicious, to law enforcement offiicals, and to state or federal regulatory agencies.

What is the problem?  How could they determine that I didn't send it; I sent it certified mail.  They didn't even call me to verify the letters or anything.

What do I do to get my requested information and have the inaccuracies corrected?  Do I need to report this to the FTC and my state attorney general?  Do i request a MOV?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is mov next step?

Sounds like your efforts to get an actual person to read the letter instead of it being scanned by the system and generating the automatic response has gotten you flagged!

I've only ever heard of the teal-ink-italics thing for HIPAA.  I don't think there's a need to worry about giving your signature to the CRAs--they're not like CAs who might put your signature on something.  I haven't ever heard of any of the CRAs actually fabricating a document and slapping a copy of a signature on it.

No need to advance to MOV (which I'm not convinced works anyway) since they haven't actually verified anything yet.

I would just start over.  On the DOFD issue, that's something you can just call about.  Tell everyone you get to that you're not disputing anything, that you just want some information.  I have had very good luck with that method.  Is there some reason you need it in writing?  Have you gotten credit reports directly from the CRAs that does not include that information?  There are multiple ways to get that information without having to mail in a request, that I'm not sure they can even accommodate in writing.  That information is on the reports you get directly from EQ, EX and TU.

The other two things can be included in one letter.  You can just type your name (if you want).  Just lay it out as you did before.  I think signing it will help you get past the flag that you got yourself flagged with.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry--didn't realize this was a duplicate thread!
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Requesting the DOFD is not something that most clerks at a CRA even understand.  They just treat it as a dispute.

When you request this, it is not technically a dispute of the completeness and accuracy of an item of information contained in your credit file.  Rather, it is as request for disclosure of information in your credit file.  The CRA does not have to respond to that unless you do the following.

Send them this letter, to which they are required to respond:

“This is NOT a dispute under FCRA 611(a).  Please  do not process it as such under E-OSCAR, or send me a dispute verification.

"This is a written request, under FCRA 609(a). that you provide me all information in my credit file at the time of this request, as mandated under FCRA 609(a)(1).  Of particular interest is the FCRA Compliance Date/DOFD..  I further request that you additionally disclose to me, pursuant to FCRA 609(a)(2). the sources of any and all information in my credit filet that has been reported to you.

“I understand that this request under FCRA 609 requires the payment of the processing fee set forth in FCRA 612(f). which is currently set at $10.50. 

“Enclosed is my check in the amount of $10.50 to cover the charges for this request..

“Prompt disclosure of all information in my credit file is respectfully requested.”

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.