cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my credit file being deleiberately poisoned?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is my credit file being deleiberately poisoned?

Not to thread jack but what about the accounts that have been sold and have a 0 balance but still report again as updated as of Jan 2017. Dropped my score over 20 points when an account did that recently. It was sold over 2 years ago to lvnv and lvnv has been paid. Original charge off updated status even though it's closed with 0 balance.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is my credit file being deleiberately poisoned?

It's called "Poisoning" - Date of last payment May 2010, reported 30 days June 2010, 60 days July 2010, 90 days August 2010, 120 days September 2010, 150 days October 2010. No payments in 6 months, report as charge off November 2010, sell to a Junk Debt Buyer December 2010 who reports it as a Charge Off every month from January 2011 to January 2017. For 72 months they report it as a Charge off, and in month 72 my credit score takes a 60 point hit. Like I'm about to pay them after 7 years of not paying them, but if they just report it one more time I just may send them a check for $95,000 to get them to stop.

If that is not the definition of "poisoning" I don't know what is.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.