Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is recording conversation with CA as good as getting it in writing

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Is recording conversation with CA as good as getting it in writing

All 3 bills are listed separately on your CR with the same account number?

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

There were 3 different account numbers listed next to each doctor on the bill from the physicians group and those are the account numbers being reported by the CA on my credit report. The bill from the CA only has one account number (the one with them) and one balance owed. I could see having 3 seperate collections if it was the physicians group doing the reporting, and maybe I'm completely wrong, but I would think that since I only have one account number with the collection agency and I only received one bill with the full balance from all 3 doctors, that they should only be able to report it once.

Message 12 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Seems like it should only be one collection to me too.  I have seen it done like this before though.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the CA back and recorded the conversation, but it turns out I didn't need to. Even though they originally said they couldn't provide me with anything in writing, when I called back they offered to fax a letter confirming the accounts would be deleted if I paid the full $75 balance. I went ahead and payed with my fingers crossed the agent was being honest, and sure enough the next day I received a letter stating all 3 collection accounts would be removed from my credit report. The agent even attached the forms he sent to the credit agencies telling them to delete the accounts. Wooohooo!!!!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.