cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the situation that BAD - No reponses - Help!!

tag
tiff
Regular Contributor

Is the situation that BAD - No reponses - Help!!

The account below was paid 5/2006.  How could I correct without resetting the date and sinking my score?  With EQ and TU it's listed as a Bad/Debt Collection.  They never corrected the report and refuse to delete it.  HELP!!!!!!!!!

Status as of [?]Mar, 2008 Date opened [?] Sep, 2003 Date of last activity [?] Sep, 2004 Date closed [?] Not Reported Account number [?] XXXXXX5777 Loan type [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] $37,615 Terms [?] Not Reported Account Type [?] Installment Account holder [?] Co-maker Scheduled payment amount [?] $769 Account status [?] Account is Inactive Descriptions [?]

• Settlement accepted on this account
  • Charged off account
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is the situation that BAD - No reponses - Help!!

who was the reporter a CA?  You probably need to send them a letter.

I had the same problem I paid a debt they said I only paid half of what was owed so i mailed them a letter and they corrected it right away.
Message 2 of 17
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Did you dispute the account in March 2008? If so, that is why it is showing this newer date. The "pain" was just brought forward by two years. However, they can't change DOFD.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 17
tiff
Regular Contributor

So what you're telling me is that they reaged it?
Message 4 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It looks like it is reporting correctly. Even after you pay it, it can continue to report for the full 7 years from DOFD.

Try a GW or a modified DV.

Edit to add to later post.....they didn't re-age, they just updated the account. It should still fall off as scheduled.

Message Edited by llecs on 06-02-2008 01:04 PM
Message 5 of 17
tiff
Regular Contributor

i didn't dispute it.  I sent them a letter asking them to remove it.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

This acct looks to be reporting correctly. It was CLOSED in 2004, but not pad off until after the closed date in 2006. Maybe if you want to get it removed you should try to GW them.

They are entitled to update every month, which it looks like what is happening since you said you didn't dispute.

What do you think is wrong with it? Maybe you are not explaining the situation enough for everyone to understand so they can answer.

Keep GW'ing if indeed you did pay it off AFTER the close date. Paying it off after the closed date is definitely a bad debt.

This has not been reaged.

I saw on another one you said you will sue, on what grounds? Did they agree to erase if you made payment?
Message 7 of 17
tiff
Regular Contributor

What a modified Debt Validation?
Message 8 of 17
tiff
Regular Contributor

The date closed is listed as "not reported."  This account was settled for 10,000+ dollars...4000+ less than the total amount due.  The collection agency handling the collection promised to delete.  They were double reporting and I didn;t relaize it.  They deleted their entry but not BMW financial.  I know...they had no legal right to delete BMW's entry.  I've gotten over that. 

correct me if I'm wrong...this account appears to have never been updated.  The balance is not 36,000 dollars.  Also the status on EQ said Bad/Debt Chargeoff.  A closed date is not being reported.

Message 9 of 17
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@tiff wrote:
So what you're telling me is that they reaged it?

As the others stated, not reaged, just updated. As I stated earlier, they can't change the DOFD though, which governs when it will fall off of your CRs.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.