cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the situation that BAD - No reponses - Help!!

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is the situation that BAD - No reponses - Help!!

tiff wrote:
What a modified Debt Validation?

There are plenty of success stories in here of sending a DV to a paid CA. Often the CA won't take time to validate it so they will delete. Look for one of the many DV letters in this forum and you'd probably have to make some changes to it.
Message 11 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

tiff wrote:
The date closed is listed as "not reported."  This account was settled for 10,000+ dollars...4000+ less than the total amount due.  The collection agency handling the collection promised to delete.  They were double reporting and I didn;t relaize it.  They deleted their entry but not BMW financial.  I know...they had no legal right to delete BMW's entry.  I've gotten over that. 

If they promised to delete, and you have it in writing, then I'd send a copy to the CA along with a GW kindly reminding them of that. If you don't have it in writing, I'd probably start with the GW before the DV.

tiff wrote:

correct me if I'm wrong...this account appears to have never been updated.  The balance is not 36,000 dollars.  Also the status on EQ said Bad/Debt Chargeoff.  A closed date is not being reported.

The "largest past due balance" is just that, the largest amount that was due. Even if that figure was wrong, it doesn't have any bearing on the account or your score. Also on EQ, if you have the account to change to "settled collection" or "paid for less than due" or even  "paid in full", the damage would be the same. Closed date doesn't matter.
Message 12 of 17
tiff
Regular Contributor

This acct looks to be reporting correctly. It was CLOSED in 2004, but not pad off until after the closed date in 2006. " This account does not appear to be closed...it says "not reported"

What do you think is wrong with it?   The status info is all wrong...if I was looking at this for the 1st time I would think that I this person left BMW hanging with a $36000 debt...never paid.  This is not the case...it was paid.  They never updated it.

I saw on another one you said you will sue, on what grounds? Inaccurate reporting for the past two years and fradulent collection practices  The company that acted in their behalf acted fradulently when collecting the debt.

Did they agree to erase if you made payment?  the collection agency promised to delete if payment was paid...not the original creditor.  The problem is I had every intention on payign in full until the CA offered a settlement in exchange for the delete.  I lost my leverage in ensuring that it was deleted when my loan officer sent the payment directly to the CA.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Others, is Sept 2004 not the closed date?

No, the highest balance is different than the balance owed. The highest balance means how much the actual car was financed for not how much you owe, that is not affecting you. When it says balance not reported there is NOTHING saying you owe 36k. I think you are reading this wrong honestly, that is not why you are not getting the answer you are looking for.

What is the name listed for this acct? If it says BMW, you cannot go after the CA, they cannot change how BMW reports.
Message 14 of 17
tiff
Regular Contributor

I thanks all of you for your responses, but I'm still clueless as to what I can do.  This is not a CA...it is reported via the OC.  I have GW'd them over and over again and they have repeatedly told me no! 

When I call...they won't even return my calls.  Hang up and they again...they won't connect me with anyone else.  I get the same jerk,.  It's the same storyline over and over again.

From all the reponses I've seen...I basically have to live with this?

Message 15 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

tiff wrote:
I thanks all of you for your responses, but I'm still clueless as to what I can do.  This is not a CA...it is reported via the OC.  I have GW'd them over and over again and they have repeatedly told me no! 

When I call...they won't even return my calls.  Hang up and they again...they won't connect me with anyone else.  I get the same jerk,.  It's the same storyline over and over again.

From all the reponses I've seen...I basically have to live with this?

I misread your post. I thought it was a CA. Ignore the DV advice.

All you can do is GW them. If they tell you "no", then send another and another and another and another. Vary your addresses if possible. Find specific contact persons within the company (VP, Pres., etc.). Never give up. Keep calling too. All you need it one to say yes to delete.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's hope not. Keep GW'ing. I know it may get discouraging, but keep trying. Maybe you should reword the letter. If it is the OC reporting then you should not be Gw'ing with the CA, they have done their part.

There have been plenty of people that has had success after major persistence.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.