cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an internet site that lists when different Credit Card companies report balances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there an internet site that lists when different Credit Card companies report balances?

I am a bit frustrated, I called Discover and they told me a date...that was incorrect.   Capitolone did the same thing to me.   The problem is I use my CC's quite a bit, but pay them off monthly.    My balance can be anywhere from 0-$4000 during any given month, but I always pay the balance off in full.   This little game they are playing is always causing CA's to report balances.   I think I hit it once in the last few months and I felt like I was playing a slot machine, "YES....zero balance"

I'm either going to have to stop using CC altogether and just go to pure debit cards or figure out when these guys report.    Is there a site that list when different CC's report, that could be very useful indeed.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is there an internet site that lists when different Credit Card companies report balances?

Ahhh, playing the Game. I'm doing that now myself...juggling 24 CCs between DW and myself.

Everyone's reporting date for a given CC is all different. Your CapOne may report on a different date than mine, for example. Most CCs report right around the statement date and will report the balance you had on the statement date.

For example, my CapOne is typically due around the last day of the month. My statement date is around the 3rd or 4th of each month. My goal is to always PIF by the due date which is on the 28th this month. If I happen to use the CapOne between the due date and the statement date, then I'll make a second payment to be credited by the statement date so that my CapOne reports $0. Often, out of risk of reporting a balance, I will avoid using that CC from the due date up until the day it reports (around the statement date).

Some CCs don't follow this rule like HSBC or Orchard and Amex. YMMV.
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is there an internet site that lists when different Credit Card companies report balances?

Ahhh, playing the Game. I'm doing that now myself...juggling 24 CCs between DW and myself.

Everyone's reporting date for a given CC is all different. Your CapOne may report on a different date than mine, for example. Most CCs report right around the statement date and will report the balance you had on the statement date.

For example, my CapOne is typically due around the last day of the month. My statement date is around the 3rd or 4th of each month. My goal is to always PIF by the due date which is on the 28th this month. If I happen to use the CapOne between the due date and the statement date, then I'll make a second payment to be credited by the statement date so that my CapOne reports $0. Often, out of risk of reporting a balance, I will avoid using that CC from the due date up until the day it reports (around the statement date).

Some CCs don't follow this rule like HSBC or Orchard and Amex. YMMV.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems the only thing I can do to boost my FICO score at this time is keep my CC balances zero, or at least low.   I've been trying to use the float, but not really much of a point in these low money market rates.  

If I don't figure this out I'm going to have to go to using my banks debit card, and discontinue the CC use altogether, which I suppose would be a smart thing to do anyway.     When my checking account sweep was paying me over 5% not so very long ago it made sense to keep my cash.   Now that it is paying me .98% not so much.    

Oh, well.....it would be nice if the CC companies just reported on the due dates, or even if they reported on the last day of the month, at least the consumer would know when to have their account payments in.     This random game really sucks.      I am beginning to think the CC's, CRA's, are all in a grand conspiracy to keep scores as low as possible so they can charge more....

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two things you can try.

1-- Sign up for TrueCredit, even if for just one month. They show the date that the creditor actually reported.

2-- Call one of the CRA and ask what date each account updated their records last month. Just make sure you make it clear you aren't disputing.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.