Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any chance this might work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any chance this might work?

Hello Community,

I had a tax lien placed on me from Maine due to the fact that I only lived there one month in 2013 and then proceeded to royally screw up my tax returns.  All my fault and I paid the price. The lien has now been paid and released. Maine does not vacate judgments whatsoever and I have talked to bunches of people and asked the question here a few months back with the same results.

I did receive a letter from the State of Maine tax payer advocate and was going to try and see if the bureaus might use this to remove teh public record on my report. I know there is a .0000000000001% chance of this wroking but was wondering if you guys think it is even that high. Part of the letter is below.

It is formal letter on Mine State letter head, signed by the tax boss.

The taxpayers filed their 2013 Maine income tax return on April 18, 2014 and indicated a total
amount due of $580. From my review, it appears that the taxpayers did not pay as much
attention to the collection process as they might have. Had they done so, since the lien was for a
relatively small amount ($808.34) in relation to their federal adjusted gross income and the tax
due was only $580, I think they could have and would have paid the amount due in a timely
fashion and there would have been no lien. It is thus my recommendation that any negative
effect caused by the tax lien be removed from the taxpayers ' credit history and credit reports.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever had any luck getting a lien removed off their credit report even though the public record is still valid. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there any chance this might work?

Let me know if they do. From reading this letter, I don't think they will. Not trying to be Negative Nancy here. Don't give up fighting this though. There's is always a waySmiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have your return reviewed by a professional company to make sure it was correct. Even now if there are errors the return can still be amended.
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

By all means attempt it. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Thank you. I think I will.

One more quick question. Would I absolutely have to put a dispute in, or are there actaul human beings I call and talk to?  I am assuming I would have to dispute since I would need to uplaud the documents. I would much rather be able to talk to someone to discuss the reasons behind it and all, plus I hate the thought of disputing something that is 100% valid and i am only asking for a bit of forgiveness.

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Thank you. I think I will.

One more quick question. Would I absolutely have to put a dispute in, or are there actaul human beings I call and talk to?  I am assuming I would have to dispute since I would need to uplaud the documents. I would much rather be able to talk to someone to discuss the reasons behind it and all, plus I hate the thought of disputing something that is 100% valid and i am only asking for a bit of forgiveness.

If you do it online you would have to dispute and we dont advocate the disputing of valid TLs. What I would do is mail a copy of the letter to the CRAs asking for that entry to be removed.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.