Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anything else I can do?

tag
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Is there anything else I can do?

I reached a point several months ago where I felt there wasn't much more I could really do or at least that I knew how to do. I was able to get several derogs off DH's CR, and a good amount off of mine, but we still have quite a few to deal with. And I'd love to get input on what I should do next, if anything.  

All of the accounts listed went delinquent in August 2007. The SOL has run out on all accounts. I believe the CRTP will continue for another two, two and a half years. I've settled some accounts and was able to get some things removed through GW letters or PFDs.

These are the derogs on my CR:

CO – American Express $3377 (in settlement until October 2012; will try GW at that point. So far they've reduced the balance as I've paid it down, but haven't listed it as being in settlement or anything)

CO – Bank of America $0 (sold to Midland Credit Management)

CO – Capital One $0 (sold to LVNV; settled with Northland Group; LVNV was removed after settlement)

CO – Chase Bank $0 (no known CA)

CO – HSBC $0 (sold to Portfolio Recovery Associates)

CA – Midland Funding $11,526 (from $5000 original limit)

I’ve ignored Midland altogether. Large balances are intimidating to me because I expect them to put forth more effort to collect. They’ve sent the same form letter offering to settle every 3-6 months for quite a while now.

CA – Portfolio Recovery Associates $2559

I sent a DV to Portfolio Recovery several months ago. They sent back the best DV response I’ve seen or heard of (billing statements, original signature on the contract, etc.). I appreciate that they didn’t double or triple the balance I owed.  And if I’d had the money, I would’ve liked to settle and try to PFD, but that’s never been an option.  

And these are the derogs on DH's CR:

CA – CreditOne $11767

He was an authorized user on a business CC of mine that was charged off at the same time as the others. For some reason, neither the OC nor the CA was ever listed on my CR. They only send letters to him (form letter every 6 months). We disputed as not his account with the CRA, but it came back verified. We recently disputed it again through a different CRA and filed a complaint with the BBB, mostly because this tactic has been successful in the past.

CO – Capital One $0 

Anything I can do here? Initially, I hoped to at least get the CAs off and wait out the COs if I had to, but that's proven to be more difficult than I anticipated.

Thanks for your time and any suggestions.

***Edited to include recently activity/deletions.

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there anything else I can do?

Anyone?

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You're on the right track. Keep sending GWs to the paid TLs and PFDs to the unpaid stuff. Be consistent and persistent. For anything unpaid, and inside SOL, don't do anything unless you have the $$$ saved.

Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  Your two best friends are PFDs and GWs.  Don't be discouraged if you get no at first.  Keep trying, it may take a few times.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.