cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anything else I should be doing?

tag
Mshellt
New Contributor

Re: Is there anything else I should be doing?

You make a very good point. ...I recently read a review by someone with a buckle store card. The reviewer said the interest rate was rediculous, but that they reported to all three credit bureaus. ..But, how, indeed? It stands to reason that if they can send an unpaid balance to collections and negatively impact your credit, they should also be able to report positive payments...But, your question has me very curious. I don't know how they connect the account with the purchaser without the card holder's social security number. They only asked for the last four of my SSN, along with my birthdate, name, and address.

Starting Score: 630
Current Score:Equifax: 776 TransUnion: 746 Experian: 747

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

Re: Is there anything else I should be doing?

@Mshellt wrote:

You make a very good point. ...I recently read a review by someone with a buckle store card. The reviewer said the interest rate was rediculous, but that they reported to all three credit bureaus. ..But, how, indeed? It stands to reason that if they can send an unpaid balance to collections and negatively impact your credit, they should also be able to report positive payments...But, your question has me very curious. I don't know how they connect the account with the purchaser without the card holder's social security number. They only asked for the last four of my SSN, along with my birthdate, name, and address.

How many people with your name share the same birth date and address?

There doesn't need to be a complete SSN to match your information with your credit report. Sometimes there are glitches but usually it works well.

Starting Score: 382 - 418 (2005) -- Current Score: 628 (TU08) -- 661 (Beacon 5.0) -- Goal Score: 750+
Into the Garden 6-15-2014 -- Digging in the dirt until 6-2015
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.