cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to delete after verified?

tag
Brianinpa18330grh
Valued Member

Is there anyway to delete after verified?

I have 2 tradelines that are truelly not mine but have been verified after disputing. Is there a way to get them fixed? Also, I have a couple dismissed BK's from 01 on EQ, any way to get them off? Thanks a lot.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Is there anyway to delete after verified?

Call the creditor and work with them on the issue of the trade lines that are not yours.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did you disptue through the CRAs?  The CRA dispute process uses the e-Oscar automated process to communicate back and forth with the creditor, and often sanitizes your dispute by not forwarding all information,  such that you dont get full consideration.

I recommend that you file a direct disptue with the credtior under FCRA 623(a)(8), and take the CRA out of the process.  If you do file a direct dispute, DONT mention your prior disptue through the CRA.  That would give them the opportunity to dismiss it as duplicative of a prior dispute. 

Another path you might follow is to get it blocked from your CR under FCRA 605B as resulting from potential identity theft.  The term "identity theft" in section 605B is a bit misleading, in that you dont have to prove actuality identity theft, jsut that it appears to have happened.  Here are the steps if you want to pursue this path.

First, go to your neartest police station a file a police report asserting identity theft based on information in your credit file based on an account that you never authorized or obtained.  Armed with a copy of that police report, which FCRA 603(q) calls an "identity theift report," mail it to the CRA along with proof of your identity, identification of the information, and a statement that the information was not related to any transaction of yours.

That will require the CRA to block furhter inclusion of this information in your CR within 4-days of your request.

Message 3 of 7
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

RobertEG - Is the identity theft blocking truly as simple as it sounds?

I have a collection account that is also not mine but the OC continues to fight me saying that it's mine. It's actually to the point of almost being funny... I send them a detailed explanation about it not being my account and they send me back a canned response saying "Our records reflect X Y & Z (none of which prove anything about it belonging to me) and as a result, you are responsible for this account." They are literally ignoring all of my logicial, common-sense explanations. Therefore, I go the identity theft route, what ability does the OC have to dispute it and try to get it back on my credit report?

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 4 of 7
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

This is happening to me right now too. I got a hospital bill for $3505 on my report that is NOT mine what so ever. Please keep this thread going to us both can get more info so we can get these corrected. Thanks

Credit conscience!
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Blocking of information from your CR under FCRA 605B has nothing to do with the OC.  It is a provision placed on the CRA.

FCRA 605B says that if the stated requriements are met, the CRA shall block the reported information from your CR.  There is no provision for dispute by the OC.  The statue is not imposed on them.

The theory of FCRA 605B is basically that if you file a police report (what the FCRA calls an "identity theft report"), you incur criminal penanties for a knowingly false statements made therin.  Congress has accepted that as sufficient to require the CRAs to cease inclusion of that information in your CR.  The OC is not penalized. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Robert when you say block from the CR does this mean it completely hides it from scoring and removal from anyone who pulls your report?

Does this apply to any item on the report or are there exceptions to what types of accounts this can occur?

Is it possible that something else can occur from doing this like FRAUD alerts on the report for other items or red flags?

Just curious if there's a catch 22

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.