cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there such thing as temporary increase?

tag
Mama-j
Contributor

Is there such thing as temporary increase?

Hi all,

This is my first post ever. I just started this journey to build back my credit score a couple of days ago. I pulled and dispute 3 accts that were showing late payments online with all 3 credit bureaus and signed up with score watch on 12/5 and today I've got a email alert that my EX fico score went up from 599 to 606 due to changes to those 3 accts. is it really possible for my score goes up this fast? I thought it might take several weeks. This not just a temp increase right? I'm tempted to pay for EX credit report right now To check what happened.

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: Is there such thing as temporary increase?

Well I had the same thing happen to me, only it was about 16 points. I'm not sure if it's "temporary" or what but I'll take 'em for a little encouragement right now lol.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Sure it can go up.  You will see scores fluxuate up and down a bit.  Just work on keeping your payments on time and build new credit while trying to clean bad credit.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Mama-j wrote:

Hi all,

This is my first post ever. I just started this journey to build back my credit score a couple of days ago. I pulled and dispute 3 accts that were showing late payments online with all 3 credit bureaus and signed up with score watch on 12/5 and today I've got a email alert that my EX fico score went up from 599 to 606 due to changes to those 3 accts. is it really possible for my score goes up this fast? I thought it might take several weeks. This not just a temp increase right? I'm tempted to pay for EX credit report right now To check what happened.

You cannot purchase your Experian FICO, so did you mean Equifax?

And your score is a reflection, or snapshot, of any given moment. Your score can fluxate day to day depending on scoring factors.

Your score can go up or down every single time that snapshot is taken. For me, my score changes almost daily as I have 10 accounts that can wildly swing on balances. So my score can deviate between 60-80 points any given month.

Understanding WHY is the real key.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 5
tmobileguy
New Contributor

When you disputed those lates it took them out of score factoring so mostly that is what is making it go up...if they verify them and it is no longer under dispute then most likely your score will return to what it should be...

Starting Score: EQ 575 EX 595 TR 524
Current Score: EQ 643 EX ??? TR 638
Goal Score: EQ 300 EX 300 TR 300

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.