Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Charge Off reporting correctly?

tag
bigB12
Established Member

Is this Charge Off reporting correctly?

I'm a little confused on my last baddie on my report.  I've cleaned up my reports a lot but am wondering if this is reporting correctly?  This is the OC reporting this way, and I have called to try to PFD but they say they no longer own the debt.  They report 'C/O' (charge off) every month and increase the past due balance by $38.  Is this correct reporting and how should I go about taking care of this?  I'd like to take care of it somehow even if I have to PIF, but they say they do not own the debt and couldn't tell me who it was sold to as they don't have my account in the system anymore.

Date Opened:
08/30/2010

Responsibility:
Individual Account

Account Type:
Revolving Account

Loan Type:
CREDIT CARD

Date Updated:
04/15/2014

Payment Received:
$0

Last Payment Made:
04/19/2011

Pay Status:
>Charged Off<

Terms:
Paid Monthly

Date Closed:
12/30/2011

>Maximum Delinquency of 120 days in 10/2011 for
$367 and in 12/2011<

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is this Charge Off reporting correctly?

I will tell you they cant be updating a balance very month if they sold it, the balance would have to be reported as 0. There may also be comments of sold/transferred to another lender. If they insist they have sold it and show a balance file a CFPB complaint. In your posting of the debt there is no balance section that I saw and if its the max delinq they are updating with bigger balance every month that is a no no to for a sold account.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.