cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Chase card worth paying off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this Chase card worth paying off?

Okay, in that case the SOL is 7 years in my state. Transunion described that as 03/19. So then? I've been floating around 700 for the last 6mo or so. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this Chase card worth paying off?

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha. If I accept the debt and transfer to Discover, will the account report again? I know Vantage scores cost for naught, but it was nice to see it finally hit over 700's today. In the past, when I had spoken to Chase, they reported the account again to the bereaus for the first time in years, dropping my score almost 60 points. So I guess if I do this strategically and obtain the account number from Chase, plug it into the balance transfer app on Discover online, it shouldn't negatively affect my credit going forward for anything except a utilization standpoint? 

The CO will negatively affect your score until it's gone.

It will have less affect by paying it so it reports zero and stops updating so it can begin to age. But it will always be a serious derogatory mark on your files.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.