Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good and tactful GW letter?? Need Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a good and tactful GW letter?? Need Help

Opinions anyone?  I'm trying to get an idea of what this should look like.

To whom it may concern: I had an original creditor (HSBC/Best Buy) turn an account over to your agency last year.  At the time, I was experiencing quite a financial hardship due to a reduction in hours and several furlough days through my employer.  I have since been able to somewhat recover financially and sent payment due over the months of April, May and June of this year.  I would like to thank you for working with me on my monthly payments.I recently pulled my three credit reports and noticed this account is showing as a “Paid Collection”.  I am writing today to request this record be removed from my credit reports.  I appreciate the consideration in this matter and thank you for reviewing my request.

Yours Truly,

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is this a good and tactful GW letter?? Need Help

Looks good to me.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!  Now would I be better off starting with the CA or the OC on these?  I have several I'm getting ready to send out when my CRA disputes come back.

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

GWs only go to whomever is reporting. If the CA is reporting as paid, then a GW needs to go to the CA. If HSBC sold the TL, then chances are they might report as a paid CO too. If that is the case, then a 2nd GW needs to go to HSBC. In other words, excluding a few rare examples, an OC cannot affect the reporting of a CA and a CA has no influence over an OC's reporting.

IMO, avoid the disputes. It makes it harder for the GWs to be accepted. IME anyway.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Sounds good.  The key being you took care of it when able, and your past financial hardships are, for the most part, behind you.

I would suggest a minor change in wording.  I would change "this record be removed from my credit reports" to read "that you report a deletion of the collection from my credit file with each of the credit reporting agencies."

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent!!  Thank you both for the information and suggestions.  This forum is an absolute must for those trying to fix their credit image! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.