Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

Re: Is this a good idea?

Allowing a small balance to report demonstrates to FICO scoring that you know how to use credit responsibly. Carrying a $0 balance demonstrates to FICO scoring that you are afraid of your credit.

Ok thanks for helping me as you can see im just now trying to rebuild my credit and i just needed a little bit of advice. do you have credit cards? how much do u charge a month? ty
4-11-08

FAKOS EQ: 555 EX: 579 TU: 558 FICO EQ: 562

6-17-2008 FICOS TU: 573 EQ: 523 EX: 561
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

I do. I have started my rebuild recently as well and have obtained three CCs to date. I want one or two more and that's enough for me. I charge everything and then pay it off several times per month. I will use up to my limit and pay off to $0 and then repeat the process once or twice more during the month. I would say about $3000. However, I am now very careful about uti %. I just let 5% report and received a 71 point increase to 790 on EQ this month.

wow congrats on that your almost in the 800's you should be able to get anything now, i cant wait to see my scores up that high mine are actually lower now cause i went on an application spree, but hopefully with this card i can build my credit and be in the 700's real soon
4-11-08

FAKOS EQ: 555 EX: 579 TU: 558 FICO EQ: 562

6-17-2008 FICOS TU: 573 EQ: 523 EX: 561

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+