Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a stinking joke!

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Is this a stinking joke!

Just got a SW alert and this is what it told me:  (score fell 2 pts)

1 of your previously dormant accounts reported recent activity
Comenity Bank/MAURICES
(XXXXXX)
Recent activity detected: 6/1/2014
Show/Hide Details
Account opened: 5/2013
Description: Charge
Amount in H/C column is credit limit
 Previously reportedNewly reported
Date of last activity:2/1/20146/1/2014
You received this alert because there is new activity on this account that was inactive for more than months.
You can change the settings for this kind of alert here.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kjel
Established Contributor

Re: Is this a stinking joke!

It's not uncommon. I have a couple of cards that I only use a few times a year. One charges a small annual fee and it reported a $39 balance last month after being at $0 for a few months. I got the same exact ScoreWatch alert you did except my score went up +2 points. It may or may not have been related to the card showing a balance given everything else on my reports. It's very maddening!

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 2 of 7
Shellie
Valued Contributor

very

Message 3 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Yep, I lost SIX points on a card that reported this way.....has been closed with zero activity for over two years!

Message 4 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

And NOBODY is laughing!Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 7
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I'm certainly not laughing!  I know 2 pts is 2 pts but its still 2pts...in the wrong direction!  

Message 6 of 7
srchick
Regular Contributor

Exact same scenario happened to me month before last on a dormant Dillards acct.  I paid it off by the next billing cycle, and my 10 points were restored. Maddening! Smiley Frustrated

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.