Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a valid 'pay for delete'?

tag
Nola_Bee
Contributor

Is this a valid 'pay for delete'?

Hi! I'm a newbie to these forums and I'm looking for some insight from anyone willing to help. In advance, your help is greatly appreciated. I disputed a debt listed on my credit report from CREDIT CORRECTION SERVICES. The debt came back as valid and therefore wasn't removed. I called the company and spoke with a representative who said that they would remove it from my credit report if I paid the debt in full. They directed me my account on their website where it states this (see below).

Do you think this is a valid 'pay for delete'? I omitted some of the information for my privacy.

CANCEL DATE: 
CREDITOR: 
REFERENCE #: 
AMOUNT DUE:

AMOUNT AS OF 07/26/13: $ 1xx.xx

This message will confirm our intention to remove the above referenced account from the credit bureau(s) upon receipt of full payment. Thank you for your cooperation.

In accordance with Federal Law, we are required to make the following statement: this is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. This communication was sent by a debt collector.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Is this a valid 'pay for delete'?

Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Me too!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
Nola_Bee
Contributor

Thank you so much for your input! I will likely proceed with paying this debt in full. I will post an update once I've confirmed that the debt has been removed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.