Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this affecting my score?

tag
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Is this affecting my score?

I paid a utility charge off about 6 months ago.  I paid this directly with the utility company as it was never referred to an outside agency.  It is currently showing a 0 balance with a 120+ Day Past Due status.  Is that a CURRENT status because it reads that way?  I would think it would reflect Paid Chargeoff or something along that lines that indicate it is a resolved bad debt.  I didn't settle for less, paid the full amount.  Copy/Paste below of Score Power info..

Credit AccountVerizon

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Industry
Nov, 2012
Apr, 2008
Mar, 2011
Open Account
Individual
Telephone Companies
Descriptions [?]
  • Paid collection
  • Utility

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?]
$0120+ days past due
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
0 times
0 times
0 times

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is this affecting my score?

wrong forum, please move to Understanding Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, it is affecting your score as it states you are currently 120 days late.  It should say paid, was 120 days late.

Message 3 of 4
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Follow Up -

When the dispute was placed, it raised my score only 8 points.....

Interestingly though, Verizon opted to i guess remove the the utility trade line and that raised my score one additional point. 

So two things:

1) I would've thought a 120 day late would have more impact on a score than 8 points....I guess it's scored differently if a utility?

2) Strange to see my score go up an additional point when the trade line was removed.  I didn't notice any differences on anything else.....but i could've missed something and the 1 point was from a rogue change instead.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.