cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this collection account doing damage?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this collection account doing damage?

I lived in an apartment five years ago and unfortunately left with damages to the tune of $878. I didn’t pay it and it got turned over to collections. Fast-forward five years later and I am in a much better spot financially and am poised to buy my first home. The account was turned over to collections and is my only collections account. I have offered the CA a PFD but they will not budge so I have contacted the OC to ask him to recall the debt. My question is, if he does is it worth paying? The collection account is only reporting to two agencies, EXP and TU, yet EQ is my lowest score of the three. Currently 583 EXP, 608 TU, & 567 EQ. Should I expect a bump at all if I do get my landlord to agree to pull in back? Thanks guys!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is this collection account doing damage?

Yes its doing damage the amount depends on how long ago the last reporting was. If you are going to buy a home its going to have to be settled so I would try to get the LL to recall and then pay him, having him recall and not paying isnt going to accomplish anything except make him angry and renew the collection and quite possible even sue if he still can, You may get some points but from your scores there are other things holding you down.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.