Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this collection being correctly reported

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this collection being correctly reported

I have a collection account on my Experian report that is being reported as follows:

Date of collection 11/1/14

Balance : $1,850

In the payment history section there is a "CO" for charge off each month.  

My concern is that both the original debt and the collection are being reported on my credit report.  The collection says closed and they have never attempted to contact me even though they have all of my information.  Is their reporting of the CO each month essentially re-aging the collection each month?

If this is reported wrong how do I get them to correct it.  I have already dipsuted with collection agency, Experian and CFPB to no avail.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Is this collection being correctly reported

How is the original Creditor reporting the account ? Some collection agencies report to the bureau each month some do not.  The collection agency is doing nothing wrong by reporting each month.  The reaging would occur if the date the account was opened at the collection acgency was moved forward in time.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.