Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

Is this even legal? Re: Midland

I have an old HSBC CO which had a CO balance of $239. It is set to fall off 9/2013. Midland bought the account, I'm assuming,

and is reporting the same account on all 3 CRA's with a balance of $819. Is this legal? Can a credit agency report an innacurate

balance on an account that they have purchased? I was thinking of tackling this and doing a PFD to Midland, but the more I started

thinking about it, what they are doing doesn't even sound legal?

Starting Score: EQ 546 EX 560 TU 568
Current Score: EQ 703 EX 718 TU 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Epic Contributor

Re: Is this even legal? Re: Midland

That amount would include the original amount they could collect and all of the fees they tacked on.  They can only add interest in the amount allowed by the original agreement with the CC and/or your state laws.

You can tell them you want an accounting of all interests, fees, etc.  They have to give it to you.

Regular Contributor

Midland did this to me as well, added 2300 in less than a year I sent them dv, asked for breakdown of amount they charged and they deleted from CRA's. who knows if they will end up selling debt but they deleted so ill cross that bridge if I get there ... 

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
New Contributor

Mish..

Do you happen to have a copy of the DV letter you sent them that you could PM me?

Starting Score: EQ 546 EX 560 TU 568
Current Score: EQ 703 EX 718 TU 715

Will you PM me that DV as well Mish?

Valued Member

Mish

Would love to see the DV also please.  Thank you

Starting Scores 11/12: EQ 540 TU? EX?
Current Scores
04/18 myfico EQ FICO 662
01/19 myfico TU FICO 593
01/13 lender pull EX FICO 522
Next Goal Mid score 675
Regular Contributor

Me as well Mish, if you don't mind Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Valued Member

Hi Mish,

Me too, if you don't mind. Smiley Wink

Thank you!!

Starting Score: EQ 522, TU 482 June 2012
Current Score: EQ 502, TU 548 Jan 2013

Regular Contributor

I need this as well please!! thanks!!

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

I have 2 accounts with Midland, one was still on the CRA when they first called. They refused to give me a DV. I've been making payments for about 2 years now and I know their amount is quite a lot higher than what I owed , but they never told me the original amount. A few months later they called me on another account, not on CRA, with another exorbitant amount. This had been a secured card. Not only can I not get a DV, I can't find out if I've gotten credit for the secured amount. Neither account is being reported at this time. I've had nothing but trouble from Midland. They don't keep to their payment arrangements, they stop my automatic payments and demand a different payment or account due in full, different agents will call and tell me the previous arrangements I made weren't legal. I'm on Social Security, I'm paying voluntarily. They can't garnish my check. They can't legal sue me, these accounts are past the statutes of limitations. Can I stop making the payments? I don't like the way I'm being treated and being charged many times more than I owe without proof. They refuse to provide any accounting.

Starting Score: EQ 663/TU 683/EX 672
Current Score: March EQ 667/TU 680/EX 671 Current Score April EQ 668/TU 694/ EX 676 Current Score May EQ 670 TU 692 EX 676
Goal Score: EQ 763/TU 783/EX 772

Current Score June EQ 671/TU689/EX676 Current Score July EQ 685/TU 689/EX 671
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.